Thread: Grand prix

Grand prix

anyone like older grand prix sj i have a line on a nice one --like the car but if monkey with it i'll keep it --its black on black -dunno what motor it has --but i'm getting it with a rebuilt 0 mile 400- i will be repainting it black again i think the car is from oklahoma --car also has black GNX style ARE wheels with polished lips--the car has been in storage for 15 years
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

I love old Pontiacs. One of my all time favorites is a 73 Grand Am.
    Grand Prixs are cool too. What year is it?

76-77 something like that its before the 78 body style change --i always liked them -i think it even has thos swivel buckets in it ---air tilt cruise power windows door locks power moon roof --Its in nice shape for its year
    I'm most likely going to weld up the small rust hole and repaint it -then sell it
    -if i drive it i know i'll want to keep it I dont see any around anymore so it might bring a fair buck
    Ack back to the T/A gotta catch up now smells like a farm truck but still has giddy up

Didnt the Cutlass also have those swivle seats? Iam probably wrong on this one.

My dads got a 75 Grand Am with a 455 that has been sitting for 15 years. It was going to be my first car, but it would take a few thousand dollars to get it running. New gas tank, fuel lines, brakes. The oil in the motor may be sludge by now, so the motor needs to be pulled.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm12sec
    My dads got a 75 Grand Am with a 455 that has been sitting for 15 years. It was going to be my first car, but it would take a few thousand dollars to get it running. New gas tank, fuel lines, brakes. The oil in the motor may be sludge by now, so the motor needs to be pulled.

Get that car running and I garuntee you will love it. I'll post pics of my 73 when I get a chance. Best car I have ever owned with a/c that will freeze you out of the car. Im sure nick remembers the beast.
    Last edited by Flight_740; 06-08-2005 at 11:40 AM.

My thinking with it was it weighs over 2 tons, gets 14? mpg, and wouldn't be somewhere around the 15s in the quarter mile.
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

True but the best for that car is out on the highway. Cruise set at 75 (with plenty to go) getting the best MPG you can, and loving it. Thats where those cars shine, out on the highway. What kind of shape is it in? You have any pictures? First thing I would do is ditch the 75 front end for the 73's.
    Last edited by Flight_740; 06-08-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Just a pic of the motor. The car has a 2:73 rear. When you say the car shines, do you mean it just gets the best mpg there? It's got a turbo 400.

Heres a full size pic.
    http://image24.webshots.com/24/8/3/8...ROvqYcw_fs.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TransAm12sec; 06-08-2005 at 01:38 PM.

Suck Squish Bang Blow

That Photo is on the Grand am Registry forum. Is that you?

What I mean is it's not city driving. Thats where I enjoyed my 73 the most.

Yup that's me.

Suck Squish Bang Blow

Hell yeah Mike that car was tits. I still wanna pimp slap you for gettin rid of it. If I remember right didnt yours have a 4speed?

Quote Originally Posted by nickz_28
    Hell yeah Mike that car was tits. I still wanna pimp slap you for gettin rid of it. If I remember right didnt yours have a 4speed?

Yes, 1 of 186 built like that.

The car was ruff but I still loved it.