how do i post pictures on here

how do you post pictures all i get is the red X
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

Lightbulb

Depends... You can use the attachment function or the IMG tag. Perhaps the place you have your images stored does not allow hotlinking of images?

Try and post a pix, when we see the red X, we can tell you what the problem is. Not to imply that you are stupid, but some newbies don't understand that you can't display a pix on your hard drive on a messageboard, it has to be uploaded or attached.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels
    11.31@126 MPH on Toyo Proxes

sometimes the red X's mean something with Microsoft Windows.I heard ya need an update?Is this correct I.T. guys?Who is your ISP?Alot of ISP use Windows IE and have some flaws i recomend Mozilla Fire Fox for a web browser!!Best part is it's free and is opens pages faster and alot of plugins not to mention tab browsing!!Just my 2 cents and then some!!
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

Maybe this will help....

If you are getting a red X where pictures should be, it is an easy fix.

First off, obviously make sure it is happening frequently, not just on a website here and there because their can be a problem with the server hosting the website. You can also try refreshing a page (refresh or F5). You can verify Internet Explorer is setup to show images by going to Tool, Internet Options, click the advanced tab and under Multimedia make sure Show Pictures is checked. Make sure you have the latest updates for Internet Explorer from Windows Update.

Ok, I know you probably have already checked all that, so since you have, we go to a registry fix:

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Quit Internet Explorer, if it is running.
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type Regedit, and then press ENTER.
    Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.gif

Double-click the Content Type value in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
    In the Edit String dialog box, type image/gif in the Value Data box, and then click OK.
    Locate and click the following registry key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg

Double-click the Content Type value in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
    In the Edit String dialog box, type image/jpg in the Value Data box, and then click OK.
    Quit the Registry Editor.
    Start Internet Explorer and open any Web page with a JPG or a GIF image

Or here is the link for FireFox!!Mozilla FireFox Download!!

Talking

Too funny...

"I tried to follow your instructions and I'd try to answer this post, but now I can't load windows and I'm going to kick your ass if I ever meet you in person..."
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

It says warning on it!! It is from major geeks .com
    I did a search on lil red x's on IE!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89
    It says warning on it!! It is from major geeks .com
    I did a search on lil red x's on IE!!

My car won't start... Can you help me?

"Drain coolant and oil. Remove engine wiring harness. Remove intake manifold, throttle body and EGR. Remove Power Steering pump. Remove harmonic balancer. Remove cylinder heads. Scratch nuts, then head then put it back together and add gasoline to tank, turn key...
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    My car won't start... Can you help me?

"Drain coolant and oil. Remove engine wiring harness. Remove intake manifold, throttle body and EGR. Remove Power Steering pump. Remove harmonic balancer. Remove cylinder heads. Scratch nuts, then head then put it back together and add gasoline to tank, turn key...
    Don't forget remove tranny and drive shaft!!Very important

MitchMeister-
    OMG .. you forgot grease ur ball bearings... jesh.. there's ur problem..

the picture i want to post are off of a digital camera on a chip.and yea im a newbie and yea i dont know computers very well...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BlueZ114
    the picture i want to post are off of a digital camera on a chip.and yea im a newbie and yea i dont know computers very well...

Ok, well before GTA tells you to buy a Mac or something, it's really not that hard to do. Obviously you must have a connection between your camera's storage card and your PC. In most cases that's a USB cable. Assuming you already know how to view the images in your camera on your PC, use the "manage attachments" button you should see below the area where you type a new post. If you click that, it will open a new window with "browse" buttons. When you click the browse button it will open a dialog box. Use that to navigate to where ever your images are stored. In most cases, you don't even have to upload the images to your PC, just make sure the camera is powered up and you can probably browse right to the memory card where the pix are stored. Select the image you wish to post, then hit the UPLOAD button that you will see, and that should be it. Submit your new post. Done.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

yea its a usb link i know that much lol.. ill try it when i get home tonight from work. thanks guys!

here im trying to post a picture

ok im trying it here. there pictures of my broken output shaft from my 700r4 transmission.

Lightbulb

edit... nevermind... works like it should.
    Last edited by Greg@GLD; 06-13-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    Classic Grabber Orange
    1 of 60 Built
    Cobra Jet Blower Upgrade
    Cobra Jet Throttle Body
    CCW Custom Wheels

That's an akward fracture! I smell some crap metal tempering there.

Is the crack straight through the shaft?
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

its cracked only halfway through as deep as those holes.remember there is 320,xxx miles on that shaft

The 4WD output shaft on the 700R4 is a lot shorter than the 2WD version.. Nobody snaps the 2WD version because it has twist like a torsion bar, the 4WD version is shorter and just snaps because it's not long enough to have a lot of twisting "give". GM made a shotpeened beefed up output shaft on the 4L65-E to improve this problem and CK Performance in NYC makes a billet 4340 steel 4WD output shaft to completely eliminate the problem, but it will run you $400.
    Josh
    91 GMC Syclone, full street trim, full accessories, stock bottom end.
    11.45 @ 117.7 57mm PT51 turbo at 20 PSI, 93 octane street tune w/alcohol injection. D.I.Y. Budget build, <$4500 under the hood complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Syclone0044
    GM made a shotpeened beefed up output shaft on the 4L65-E to improve this problem and CK Performance in NYC makes a billet 4340 steel 4WD output shaft to completely eliminate the problem, but it will run you $400.
    Get some dimensions and go to a local machine shop with a CNC machine and ask them for a price. Could be close. (just an idea)
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty