Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Plans for 2005?

Smile Plans for 2005?

Sooooo....since this forum is kinda dead, what are everyones plans for their Montes in 2005, or insert other g-body here .

I plan to get my ram-air hood on the SS in spring and the car wetsanded, upgrade the cat-back exhaust, some BMR lower rear arm re-location brackets for traction and some drag radials on my GTA's for the track and see what she'll do. Hopefully the stock tranny lasts one more summer .

For the LS it will be getting a 350 Vortec motor first thing in spring on a budget build. Nice cam and maybe roller rockers, custom PROM, etc. Then re-build the front suspension and do the brakes...possibly a *stage 2* setup from www.sc&c.com

The Cavalier will be retired after this winter I think, I'm seriously thinking of entering it in a compact enduro race this summer or spring and having some fun with it .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    Maybe you could update your webpage too? "Page last updated 8-29-03"

I don't know if I'm going to do anything to my car this winter. I was thinking new cam.

Hehe....yea, the web page is one thing I've meant to finally update . Maybe over the winter, to help pass time without either car. I don't even think I have the TPI swap stuff finished on there which was started 2 years ago .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Well since I have vehicular A.D.D. ....
    I am going to be putting most if not all the effort this winter into the 64 which if it becomes road worthy will get the 455 that is in the 86 and that WAS in my 71 Vista Cruiser. The motor has been in 2 cars and has yet to have ONE road mile on it . Otherwise the 86 will get an exhaust for the BBO.
    Knowing myself, I see one of 2 senerios. I spend half the availible money on each car, there-by insuring neither will leave the garage again for another year, OR I'll find another new project that will sit in the garage that my wife can yell at me about.
    If the BBO goes in the 64 I have an 84 H/O 307 to throw in the 86.
    I also have to find time to do a motor for my wife's 442 (Old Smokey )
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

BTW anyone know of a cheap 403 anywhere?
    We are thinking of putting one in Angie's 86 442, otherwise I have a 350 to build and put in, but we'd rather do a 403.
    Jamie

Since Scott mentioned it I updated my web site . Still going to do a bit more, but got some done.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F...Montepage.html

Cleaned it up, going to re-do the ex-cars links and add more pictures in spring thanks to the digital camera .

If anything looks stupid or doesn't work, let me know.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

What I've looked at so far looks good to me

In another bout of automotive A.D.D., after talking to my buddy I am going to leave the BBO in the 86 for a while so I can hopefully run it in the BOP race at 'Da Grove in June. Might be just enough time to finish up the exhaust.
    That way I can take my time on the 64. Of course it's subject to change w/o notice
    Jamie

Senior Member..now yer posting! SSScottSS's Avatar
    I was just giving you a hard time Paul You stepped up to a digital camera!!! Congrats. Did you ever get your cell phone you were talking about a while back?

I didn't realize you had such an agressive cam in your 383. What work did you have done to the heads to use that much lift?

No, its OK Scott, I have been meaning to get around to the site, the last few days I've had alot of spare time and I found it kind of fun/constructive to work on it . Remembering that I actually owned a Cutlass and the thoughts of the rot-box Montes brought back memories.

I did get a cell phone back in August, so I finally entered the new milenium . The digital camera is so nice too, no comparison to the 35mm. Figured on spoiling myself by buying good stuff before I leave Best Buy(hopefully sometime soon) to get a *real* job.

The heads have better springs in them to accept the cam as well as a valve job, stainless valves, the guides cut down and tapped for screw in studs, but no porting or polishing was done to them.

Jamie, you should let the 455 get a chance to live in the 86' since its already in there, poor car wants to get out and melt some tires . If I ever see a 403 I'll let ya know.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Yeah I think it'll stay there for a while. That way i can take my time on the 64 instead of rushing it.
    I miss driving a G-body too
    I wish it wasn't such a long drive to work (or wish I got paid more ) so I could afford to drive one everyday. I fill up every 4 days in the Achieva as it is
    Jamie

Do an EFI motor, EFI-Olds .

If we didn't live in the rust belt I'd drive a g-body year round, besides my Montes I'd love to get a Malibu wagon to haul crap around in and do some mods to as well as well as being a driver. Either a TPI 305 or even the TBI 4.3 motor for good mileage and still have a little umph. Or if/when I finally do a 86-87 Turbo Buick swap into a 87-88 Cutlass, use that as the daily .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I have thought about the efi Olds thing. There is an SBO efi manifold at Al's ,or at least it was the last time I was there, it was the cast iron version though I am gonna pick up an alum version one of these days. The only downside is that the manifold is pretty much the only efi part you can use from the factory setup.
    I hear ya on the wagon. I had a 1980 Pontiac G-wagon with the 301 powerhouse. It ran high 18's in the 1/4.
    I would like to find another G-wagon in decent shape for a daily.
    Jamie

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    there is a badass '87 M.C.S.S. in the builds right now in a secret location not my car, but should be somewhat INTERESTING!!!

Owner: Not me but I know he is a member on here....if he wishes to keep it hush hush I won't out him but I was made aware of this car recently....definately sounds bad-ass!
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Speaking of MCSS's was there more than one spoiler available? I saw a really nice black one over by Southridge today and the spoiler seemed shorter than I remember. Of course it's possible it's just been a long time since I've seen one, it is december after all. LOL

Someday I may buy another chevy. I've always loved the 78-up Malibus, stir in an LS1 and a six speed and some 17's
    I think I may have spent too much time on pro-touring.com
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS
    Owner: Not me but I know he is a member on here....if he wishes to keep it hush hush I won't out him but I was made aware of this car recently....definately sounds bad-ass!
    That person and I were joking around how you were also on that site. The car is stripped down right now getting "cleaned" up a bit. No carpet, no interior, no engine/trans, no wiring harness, dash is coming out soon. Painless Wiring kit going in, got to POR-15 the floorpan and reseal some "holes" in the floor last i heard about it. Like I said, INTERESTING to say the least

there's an LS1 malibu in chitown area, more of a drag car, but definitely badass

This guys page on his LS6 Monte: http://home.earthlink.net/~bzdel/

Hes getting the new LS7 for it when it comes out, yikes!

Jamie with a Chevy, hell might be freezing over.....

There are 2 spoilers on the SS....the standard one is considered the *stand up* and the later one is the *laydown*. The laydown spoiler is on all 86-87 Aerocoupes, 88' SS's and about half the 87' SS's....apparently no rhyme or reason how the 87' notchbacks got them and some didn't. The new SS's kind of copied the same idea, some could be ordered with the stand up some with the laydown from what I heard.

My SS has the *correct* standup style, I put a laydown style on the LS for variation reasons.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Cool at least I know I am not going crazy then

I have had chevies in the past
    My first car was a Chevy, a rust free 1978 Nova with the 250/1 bbl mega-horsepower motor. My second car was a 1964 Cutlass. The car that started my Olds loving
    Other great chevies I've had:
    1989 S-10(bought it 1990)
    1981 Chevette "The Vette"
    Jamie

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Power
    1981 Chevette "The Vette"
    Man, everyone I knew who had one called their chevette's, "The vette".

I remember they used to be all over the place in the late 80's...now you hardly ever see one. The LAST person I knew that owned one at that time was way back in 92
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!