Oh No, Not Agian, Poor Hemi Boys

Check it out here Greg Gesslers big bad 3900lbs Buick puts the Hemi boys on the trailer AGIAN, for the 4th time in a row at the Year-One F.A.S.T. shootout. No Orange ZL-1 Camaro this year, He "broke" his motor the day after there was talk of a fuel check.........Hmmmmm
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

What's the story with that class of racing? Where can I find more info? Sounds interesting... and competitive!!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusDriver
    What's the story with that class of racing? Where can I find more info? Sounds interesting... and competitive!!
    Factory
    Appearing
    Stock
    Tire

Far and away the coolest class of racing there is. Basically, aside from an X-peipe, it has to look virtually exactly as it did from the factory. Because of the "look" designation, you get to use a few tricks to get the power levels up...such as more cubic inches, larger cams (as long as it "sounds stock"), more compression, headwork (must be cast iron unless a ZL-1 I guess) but through the factory exhaust manifolds (can be honed/modified internally)...other mod is electronic ignintion...but it has to look like a stock piece I believe.

One thing you never see much of at these events are competive fords...unfortunately.

In the earlier days it was only mopars and buicks...but a few chevy's have snuck in to the quickest rounds. I recall a 396 chevy nova that always was in the quickest 6 or so cars. Haven't heard about him in at least 2 years.

Dave Dudek (hemi challenger) and Greg Gessler (buickGS) have been duking it out for quite some time...and are extremely competitive (11.17 vs 11.18 ).

It IS fun to watch muscle cars that look quite restored do what they are supposed to do though...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Thanks for the info! That's really cool!

I <3 his car...i wish i could afford a gs...one day...ONE DAY
    My HOOPTY
    Looking for 400 block 509 casting to start 400/th400 build up.

Oh No!......

Here we go agian.......

Poor, Poor Hemi Guys......
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Very cool!!!
    I need to read the rest of the site more often I guess
    I usually hang out in the "Those other Guys" section of V8buick.com
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1200ft below sea level

It'll be cool to see which one breaks into the 10's first. It's a little counter-intuitive that dudek hemi is far and away out-trapping Greg's buick, yet not out et'ing him, when one of the mopar advantages in this class is the stock suspension set-up....but no one has every accussed dave of being the best driver

Still, one is trapping 127 and the other 132 mph....that's haulling while looking stock.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant
    1200ft below sea level

It'll be cool to see which one breaks into the 10's first. It's a little counter-intuitive that dudek hemi is far and away out-trapping Greg's buick, yet not out et'ing him, when one of the mopar advantages in this class is the stock suspension set-up....but no one has every accussed dave of being the best driver

Still, one is trapping 127 and the other 132 mph....that's haulling while looking stock.
    Great Weather Conditions for sure, if I was Greg or Dave I would have been removing my shoes, socks, underwear anything to pull 10 pounds or so out to get that 10 second time slip.

The GS pulls away till half track then the Hemis and ZL1s start to reel him in, Greg said if he doesn't get 2 cars or so on them they go flying by at 1200ft........ I wonder how the Hemi would run with a Slush box in it?.... Mandys GS was out 60ft'ing both Hemis last year in Norwalk, her car was 300+ lbs heavier and down 200hp to both of them, Front weight should have been close considering her car has all the A/C and stuff on it.....

How about the Small Block Mopar running 11.50s!..........
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk

Blog Entries
    It most certainly is a tight-rope that these guys walk driving their cars. I get a kick out of how these guys will go with a full tank of gas just to get some extra weight out back AND keep the full from sloshing as they go down the track.

I hadn't even paid much attention to an 11.5 sec small block FAST mopar....those guys have it good with the huge cams they can run though while still sounding stock with the long strokes, poor rod-stroke ratio that the stroker small block guys run. They can run cams in the 240+@.050 range and still "sound" like a stocker 340.

Got details on it?
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500