Bad-TSi

New red 2wd Chevy shortbox

I saw this truck on hwy a few months ago, it was a red, lowered shortbox standard cab 1/2ton Chev. He took off from the light and it sounded pretty nice, and did a nice wheelhopping burner. Anyone know who this cat is?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    does it have black stripes on it? If it does its that kid that has had the truck into Holz like 3 times for trans issues. My roommate's dad works at Holz and was cruising a red one also as a demo. Truck has headers and a K&N filter intake as well as massive Baer Brakes.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Bad-TSi
    I don't think it had stripes, but it did have chrome rims.

Might be the Joe Gibbs truck that Holz had on the lot a few weeks ago, pretty sure that thing was red ???
    Kevin
    Daily Driver: 1999 Chevy Tahoe w/ Vortec 350
    Wifes DD: 2003 VW Passat Wagon w/ 1.8T, 5 speed auto
    Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup w/ a Vortec 454
    Toy 1: 98 BMW R1100R
    87 Camaro Iroc Z28, SOLD, Gone But not Forgotten

Bad-TSi
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyKiller87
    Might be the Joe Gibbs truck that Holz had on the lot a few weeks ago, pretty sure that thing was red ???
    Yeah, it was read. And it also had a rear roll pan with exhaust cutouts in it and custom tips. Maybe the factory parts from the Silverado SS I think??

It wouldn't have been the Joe Gibbs. That one is supercharged and I believe all of them are black. The red one that you guys are talking about is called a Regency. My brother works at Holz and he says the trans, clutch, and differential have all been replaced before 10,000 miles, and needs new tires already!

Brian

Bad-TSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Red97GTP
    My brother works at Holz and he says the trans, clutch, and differential have all been replaced before 10,000 miles, and needs new tires already!

Brian
    Yeah, it looked like that guy was pounding the snot out of it. Cool truck though. They really should have made the SS like that. A 2wd, standard cab, short bed like the Lightning.

me and kev saw that truck up on a rack at holtz when i went to pick up my new diff cover....guy in the parts dept said they had to have a gm rep come so next time the warranty will not cover his overabuse of the truck....he does like 5 grand clutch sidesteps at 40......the clutch plates were so bad they took pix to add to their "****ed up" file.....he needed a clutch, tranny, and the right rear tire had like 1/8 inch of tread left on it.....guess he really punds the **** out of it pretty much all the time....
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Bad-TSi
    ^LOL!!

Yeah, he was certainly beating on it when I saw it. Wheel-hopping all over the place.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    yeah thats it then, the red Regency.....super cool truck but not for $30K+
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed