Post whore

Toyota trans rebuild ?

Yeah I know this forum is dead but I'd thought I would ask about this anyways. My dad's 99 Toyota Avalon has been getting a PO773, so I did the testing procedure per AllData and it checks out ok. When I worked at Toyota dealerships I remember this code and it almost always was a bad torque converter. His car has 251k so it's pointless to just install a new/rebuilt tq converter. Do any of you guys/gals know of good trans rebuild shops in or around the Milwaukee area. Being a auto mechanic I've delt with many shops in Milwaukee and want to know if there is any Import specific transmission rebuild shops or just good ones in the area that have a great reputation. I have had some problems with quality rebuilds from a few of the shops I've delt with which is why I'm asking of any good ones. So don't recommend ETE, Dunmans, Jasper or especially Trans Xpress. I personally never have never done business with Trans Xpress but I know they have a very bad reputation. The others listed I have and had issues with those shops.
    Thanks for any info.

TNS right south of Holz on hwy 100. Great place.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

Race Transmission Rebuilder twicks69's Avatar
    What about badger over across from budget cinemas on hwy100?
    Tim Zimmer
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    9.49@148mph, street trim.
    ----------------------------
    2005 Subaru Outback Limited
    -- Winter Beater --

Quote Originally Posted by JC70SS View Post
    TNS right south of Holz on hwy 100. Great place.
    x2 my family has had a couple cars over there now. extremely fair and good work.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD