Post whore

The 2015 F1 Season kicked off Today!

Just watched the first race of the season, the Australian Grand Prix and it seems like it's going to be a repeat of last season. Mercedes leading the way with another one two finish with Hamilton taking the win and Rosberg finishing second. Also seems like Infiniti Red Bull still hasn't figured out the new to last season power plants. So strange since Red Bull with Sebastian Vettel were so dominant in the prior years, Vettel winning 4 championships while with the team. I think he got sick and tired of all the problems Red Bull was having with the new set ups which is why is drives for a Ferrari team now. We'll see if that was the right move because he only finished 5th today. About the same position as last year, we'll that's when he could actually finish a race. . There are other manufacturers besides Red Bull that are also having issues sorting out the new power plants still, as only 11 out of 20 cars finished this race. Most of the DNF were due to mechanical failures but there were a few wrecks. Can't wait till the next race in Malaysia.
    Man I would love to get a few laps in one of these beasts of a machine. IMO besides rally, F1 is the second most difficult type of racing especially on tracks like Monaco. F1 drivers get put through tremendous amounts of G forces and have to be in really good shape to take all of the punishment. No fat guys racing in this league unlike Nascar. Lol.
    Last edited by spooln30; 03-15-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Just watched the first race of the season, the Australian Grand Prix and it seems like it's going to be a repeat of last season. Mercedes leading the way with another one two finish with Hamilton taking the win and Rosberg finishing second. Also seems like Infiniti Red Bull still hasn't figured out the new to last season power plants. So strange since Red Bull with Sebastian Vettel were so dominant in the prior years, Vettel winning 4 championships while with the team. I think he got sick and tired of all the problems Red Bull was having with the new set ups which is why is drives for a Ferrari team now. We'll see if that was the right move because he only finished 5th today. About the same position as last year, we'll that's when he could actually finish a race. . There are other manufacturers besides Red Bull that are also having issues sorting out the new power plants still, as only 11 out of 20 cars finished this race. Most of the DNF were due to mechanical failures but there were a few wrecks. Can't wait till the next race in Malaysia.
    Man I would love to get a few laps in one of these beasts of a machine. IMO besides rally, F1 is the second most difficult type of racing especially on tracks like Monaco. F1 drivers get put through tremendous amounts of G forces and have to be in really good shape to take all of the punishment. No fat guys racing in this league unlike Nascar. Lol.
    Nascar is real racing. You actually have to pass another car to win. F1 follow the leader start to finish-soo boring. NASCAR RULES
    Ricks WS.7

Post whore
    What are you talking about there's plenty of passing in F1. Nascar is the most boring racing there is. Oh coming up on a left turn then another left and another.......Yawn. The only reason there's a lot of leader changes in Nascar is because the tracks are so short and pit stops take hours. Not saying there's no skill to drive a Nascar but nothing like F1, I could though. Why did you even bother posting if your not a F1 fan anyways? I didn't knock Nascar I just said they have fat drivers and in F1 you have to be in great shape. Btw Nascar SUCKS! LOL.
    Last edited by spooln30; 03-15-2015 at 09:40 PM.

spooln30=F1,ricksws7=Nascar, enough said. Have a nice day.
    Ricks WS.7

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Both suck. Le Mans is where it's at.
    1968 Camaro 383

Post whore
    Le Mans is dope!

IMO besides rally, F1 is the second most difficult type of racing especially on tracks like Monaco. F1 drivers get put through tremendous amounts of G forces and have to be in really good shape to take all of the punishment. No fat guys racing in this league unlike Nascar. Lol.

Wow, before you make such a statement you should really learn about the division that you are calling fat.....For starters, both f-1 and Nascar can his speeds of over 200 mph and have to deal with high Gforce loads. Also, NASCAR drivers don't get the assistance from technology like f-1 does..The vehicles that Nascar uses are basic in comparison, with F-1 getting assistance from turbo chargers, fuel injection, engine management, electronic shifted transmissions, and power steering...

As far as the drivers being fat? You saying that because most of their races involve turning left? The majority of the drivers spend hours in the gym on a daily baisis to keep them in shape or a 500 mile race...

I like all forms of auto racing, it dosnt matter what it is.....and I wouldnt say I am more of a fan over one than the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Post whore
    The fat thing was a joke but there are a few fatties in Nascar.
    Yeah F1 has electronics to help them but have you ever seen a F1 steering wheel? Tons of switches, knobs and buttons that they use during the race. I could say with confidence that most F1 drivers could race in Nascar with ease but I don't think Nascar guys could do the same in F1. Does it take skill to race in Nascar? For sure it does but it takes more of basically everything to be a F1 driver. And rally is most definitely the hardest of all types of racing. No question.

The fat thing was a joke but there are a few fatties in Nascar.
    Yeah F1 has electronics to help them but have you ever seen a F1 steering wheel? Tons of switches, knobs and buttons that they use during the race. I could say with confidence that most F1 drivers could race in Nascar with ease but I don't think Nascar guys could do the same in F1. Does it take skill to race in Nascar? For sure it does but it takes more of basically everything to be a F1 driver. And rally is most definitely the hardest of all types of racing. No question.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Open wheel racing is quite a bit different than closed wheel racing, hence why there are very few drivers who can succeed in both forms of racing. You see a lot of INDY racers try to make the jump from open wheel to NASCAR and have a tough time adapting. Look at Juan Pablo Montoya, a driver who did F-1 and Indy with great success but didnt have a great run at NASCAR....The last driver to be really successful at both I believe is Mario Andretti. I dont believe that Sebastian Vettel would be taking Nascar by storm any more than a Jimmy Johnson could in F-1. The only driver who I honestly feel could be successful in both series would be Tony Stewart due to his experience in open wheel racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Post whore
    Ok there.

Post whore
    Another great race and it looks like the Mercedes boys have competition this season. Good to see Vettel landed on a team that has the new set up figured out. Hopefully it lasts so it makes the season more interesting.