Anyone build computers?

I want to build a computer that will be connected to my television. I currently am just using an old slow laptop. I'd like to build a dedicated tower that is reliable. Must have hdmi outs, prefer dual monitor support if possible. Never built a computer, figure I can build a better one than I can buy in a store. I'd like to have a huge hard drive that is reliable, and a really good graphics card. Anyone?

Oh and if it makes any difference, I never play games on the computer. My current laptop has the Intel i3 processor, and 12GB of ram, which runs everything I need it to, I'd just like a tower instead.

WES (ND4SPD) was doing computer stuff for a long time, I belive it was Ecker Consulting. Not sure if he still does it, If you want a non member to do it, i have a few friends who build computers i can set you up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Just get a "barebones kit" from newegg or something and add whatever you're missing. Computers are ridiculously easy to assemble.
    If you're not gaming, probably just about any desktop will work. You won't need a massive video card either.

If you post a screenshot of your cart I'm sure you'll get better feedback.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

If you still need help, you can pm me with your budget and I'll help with a build.
    2007 Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    figure I can build a better one than I can buy in a store.
    Not necessarily true anymore like it was a few years ago. For every awesome bare bones system I've built, I've done an awesome packaged system with some ram, ssd, and graphics card that is exactly equal or smokes the bare bones one in performance and at a lesser price. Really depends what your needs are. Real High end gaming changes a lot of things about my reply.

you have a PM,
    Last edited by Gregor; 01-29-2015 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    you have a PM,
    You can try Cyberpower they can build you almost anything you want and it comes with a warranty. They have tons of stuff you can customize however you would like. My computer is from there and it was about the same price as building it myself plus they always have some kind of special offer. https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/