Thread: HID Kits

HID Kits

Guys I need some help! Last christmas i was given a 9007 bi xenon 55 watt hid kit for my old crown vic as a gift that i never installed. I since bought my expedition and am trying to figure out if i can use any portion of the existing kit.

The expedition uses 9008 bulbs instead of 9007 and eventually i may want to do the factory fog lamps with HID also. I think i will need to add the computer error cancelers also but need to double check.

Can i get away with ordering bulbs and the cancelers or should i sell the 9007 kit and get a 9008 package complete?

Thanks for any info,

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    That SHOULD work just fine. The high/low beams are actuated by a 12v solenoid removing the beam cutoff shield on a projector housing, not by any changes to the bulb or ballast.

I hope your expedition has projector beams...putting 55W HID's in halogen housings is a total dick move, especially on a truck, lol.
    Last edited by The Shaolin; 12-17-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

So the actual harness connection is fairly universal across all the bulbs? The 9008 bulb should plug right into the existing kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    you should be able to just get the bulbs and plug them into your existing kit. i moved an HID kit from my mustang headlights to my audi foglights and just got new bulbs.

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Awesome, that is what I was hoping for. I will order up new bulbs. Thank you for your help, guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD