Thread: Chrome Plate

Senior Member..now yer posting! oneslowcamino's Avatar

Chrome Plate

I need some chrome pieces redone for my Chevelle. Has anyone worked with any of the area refinished?

Post whore
    I've heard bad things about Badger Plating in St Francis. From they're over priced to bad finish work. Got a quote once and they were way over priced. Not sure if they have improved any in recent years but maybe someone with current experience will chime in.
    Last edited by spooln30; 11-01-2014 at 01:13 AM.

When I had my 70 the only place that people I knew got stuff re-chromed was this place down in TN. Tri-cities maybe? Badger does suck.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

How in the world does Badger stay in business. I sold my old Grand Prix back in 2007 and got a re chromed rear bumper in Iola maybe two years before that. And even back then everyone I knew at shows and on here said stay far away from badger. Just not sure how they manage to do it.
    2011 Lincoln MKS AWD

Senior Member..now yer posting! oneslowcamino's Avatar
    Well I'll cross them off the list

Post whore
    I also don't know how they are still in business but it might be due to their over pricing and the fact people probably don't shop around. I've seen chrome parts and it didn't look like good prep work was done and it showed through the chrome. Even their powdered coating looked crappy.
    When I bought my Arctic Cat Atv 5 years ago and was in the process of doing a semi restoration I went to Badger to get a quote on powder coating my upper and lower control arms, 8 total, and they wanted $65 per control arm. I immediately laughed because all they had to do was spray on the powder coat and bake them. I had already prepped all of them, blasted them and removed the bushings and ball joints on the front arms. I just couldn't believe they were trying to charge $65 per control arm seeing they were all prepped and set to PC. I was thinking around $20-30 max per arm. The CA aren't big either, I think the tube diameter is only 1.00" and they're not long as they are for a atv. So I just told the guy thanks and walked right out the door. I swore the counter guy mumbled something as I walked out. Probably called me a cheap ass or something along those lines. Asshole. Lol.
    Last edited by spooln30; 11-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.