Tailpipes on a 2000 GT

I just bought a 2000 GT that has 17x10.5" rims on back. It has a set of Flowmaster mufflers on it, I would like to know if the tailpipes can be put back in place, it doesn't look like there is enough room back there. The quad shocks are gone, so that gives some room. The tires are gigantic. I like to look of the pipes though, it looks weird without pipes. Right now it just has home-made dumps on it. Any info would be great.

There is plenty of space. I have been running the 17x10.5 rims for a with my Borla Stingers......not much space but it wont rub, plus, you dont need to remove the quads (still have mine on there)
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    mine fit just fine with no issues, it was on a 96 though, with a narrower rear end, so the new edge should be fine.

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Any recommendations on where to go? I have the factory tips from the previous owner, just need some pipes made up. Used to go to Harolds Muffler in Fort Atkinson, but Ive heard they don't do as good of work as they used to. Never had any issues with them in the past, but haven't been there in 5 years.