Thread: 81 Olds Cutlas

81 Olds Cutlas

I just picked this one up a few days ago. Very nice shape with a lot of work done to it. Very nice frame rails paint and interior. Some guy put a 350 sbc and tried to put a shifter in place of the factory one. Guy had no clue what he was doing so I got the project for a song. Plans are to build a bracket car for some one to drive at the track in street eliminator class. I run my truck but its nice to have something so some one else could have some fun. Plans are for a 383/377 stroker with the comp. 270ex hyd. roller cam and a set of vortec heads with a little work. Last one I did for a guy went 109mph with the poor guy skating all over the track with street tires. Not doing much of a converter so its soft on the 60ft but pull the mph on the big end. Picking up a torrson posi out of a 2000 Camaro so I need to order a set of 28 spline axels from mosier and a braced cover for the back of the housing. Any other gbody bracket cars out their?

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I just picked this one up a few days ago. Very nice shape with a lot of work done to it. Very nice frame rails paint and interior. Some guy put a 350 sbc and tried to put a shifter in place of the factory one. Guy had no clue what he was doing so I got the project for a song. Plans are to build a bracket car for some one to drive at the track in street eliminator class. I run my truck but its nice to have something so some one else could have some fun. Plans are for a 383/377 stroker with the comp. 270ex hyd. roller cam and a set of vortec heads with a little work. Last one I did for a guy went 109mph with the poor guy skating all over the track with street tires. Not doing much of a converter so its soft on the 60ft but pull the mph on the big end. Picking up a torrson posi out of a 2000 Camaro so I need to order a set of 28 spline axels from mosier and a braced cover for the back of the housing. Any other gbody bracket cars out their?
    There are a few, cutlass queen comes to mind. Ron at COR had a nasty Malibu.

Nasty is easy, being competitive is hard.

Post whore
    G Body shuffle. Lol.

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    What?