Post whore

Tony Stewart kills driver at dirt track

Has anybody seen the video yet? I believe it was a accident and highly doubt Stewart hit Ward on purpose.
    I don't even think TS purposely caused Wards crash and what was he thinking getting out of his race car. If your gonna fight, do that shit in the pits. Ward was wearing a all black race suit and it didn't seem to be a very well lit track. Also it sounded like Stewart locked up his brakes trying to avoid Ward at the last second and that's why it's appears he swerved towards Ward. Here's the video and share your thoughts.

http://youtu.be/CtBH9FJ3LOU
    Last edited by spooln30; 08-11-2014 at 12:28 AM.

I'm not a Tony Stewart fan, in fact I always thought he kinda comes off as a douche. But I don't think he in anyway tried to hit that guy. If you're going to try to be the "tough guy" that gets out of his car, on the track, at night, in a not very well lit area, dressed in black, approaching cars that are still going around probably 40mph and approaching on the side with the low visibility ....

Stuff like this can happen. It sucks that he was killed, but he is the one that started the sequence of events that resulted in his own death.

If he would've stayed in his car and not gone walking on the track trying to be a tough guy, he'd still be alive today.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Tragic no doubt. I think they'll try to pin some blame on Tony Stewart because of his track record, but it is clearly seen it wasn't a wise move for the kid to walk onto the track, at night, in black. Its crazy though how many cars missed him, yet the most well named driver and the cause of the initial crash is the one who clips/kills him. Who knows, maybe Tony Stewart was trying to scare him or just nick him. We don't really know what all was going on, on the track, so hopefully the investigation is done properly. Maybe these two were going at it all race, which led up to this incident, it would be interesting to know.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Darwin award

Post whore
    From what I've seen on the news the DA said no charges will be filed but a lawsuit will probably happen. I can't see the family getting anything sense Ward got out of his car and instigated it. Like already said he causes his own death.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Said it on FB and I'll say it on here. Throttle blip or not that driver should have never been on that track period. I am in no way a NASCAR fan but I can say these drivers endure far more stress/anger than something like a small crash at a dirt track. For anyone to think that it was intention is pure stupidity.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Don't play in traffic.

Post whore
    From what other dirt track guys have said is to steer the race car they use the rear tires and that could be why the engine rev can be heard in the video.

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    Sprint cars are 2k lbs, 750hp and only have a brake on the front left wheel in order to get around the track. They also have no transmission, it's a direct drive. The drive shaft is either engaged or disengaged. When running and the handle is pulled to disengage the drive shaft, the motor revs for a second because of the loss of felt stress.

Smoke is a hot head and a fucktard. He has a very well documented history of doing stupid shit on and off the track when he is pissed or gets confronted.

Ward left his car (I personally don't have a problem with that) and deliberately ran at Smokes car.

Did Smoke see him on the track? I think he did and tried to scare him a little bit (he was clearly moving faster than the other cars on the track), but had no idea Ward was planning on getting that close or jumping on the car.

Watch the slow motion video, you can clearly see Ward jump on the car which would shift the weight, causing it to turn. As soon as Smoke realized what was going on he disengaged the drive shaft which is the rev you hear (Sprint cars are always moving while the shaft is engaged). Watch the steering inputs also.

This is a classic case of "when idiots collide". I don't put blame on Smoke, Darwin won this one.
    Last edited by USMARINE1108; 08-15-2014 at 08:02 AM.

^ Thats interesting, I now know 10x more about sprint cars!

What kind of dumb ass gets out of the car ON the tracks DURING a race? I think he decided his fate the moment he stepped foot out of his car.
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    ^ Thats interesting, I now know 10x more about sprint cars!

What kind of dumb ass gets out of the car ON the tracks DURING a race? I think he decided his fate the moment he stepped foot out of his car.

Ya no.shit thanks for sharing. Now only if they'd put something like this in the news so the idiots would call down.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sprint cars are awesome machines. My neighbor in SC was the crew chief for one and would sometimes bring the trailer home with him (I drank a few beers in his garage while he was working on it). The tires are different sizes, the wing is adjustable from the cockpit, there is no starter......... it's a huge motor built inside of a roll cage with a wing in the top is all it really is. Everything about them is designed to make them slide with the nose left. Very cool.

I did sit in it a couple of times, the view is EXTREMELY limited (I also wasn't wearing a helmet or neck brace while sitting in it) but I do think Smoke saw Ward on the track (or at least could have). I think Smoke meant to scare Ward, but can't put any blame on Smoke for this. Ward jumped on the car and there was nothing that was going to stop him. The right rear tire is much wider than the right front.

I'm not a Smoke fan at all, but the reality is what it is. I think Smoke was trying to scare Ward, but Ward was bent on doing something drastic which would have left ANY driver (Smoke) defenseless. Was Ward still delusional from the crash? Who knows. Did Ward mean to jump on the car? Who knows. Did Smoke see him? Who knows. Did Smoke try to scare him? Who knows.
    Last edited by USMARINE1108; 08-17-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

No charges for Stewart.

Apparently the douche canoe was high too.