Thread: Rough 2 weeks

Rough 2 weeks

Well it's been a rough 2 weeks. I know this is a car forum but we are all humans too right? I just found out last week Tuesday that my Mother had stage 4 liver cancer. She didn't tell anyone, she hid it very well. Last Wednesday I was told if she had 2 weeks to live she would be lucky. Thursday morning she was moved to a hospice facility. I am an only child. We had a few really good days together, A LOT of family and friends were able to visit her while she was still very lucid and happy to see people. This past Tuesday, the 22nd, she passed. 1 week. That's all I had. I can't even begin to describe how hard that is. You ALWAYS think you will have more time. There is so much to do, so much to take care of it's crazy. She was only 58 years old... That's too young. I am a wreck. I have only slept about 10 hours in the last 10 days. I can't find my balance of "normal" right now. I am sure a crash is coming for me, I just have to try to take one day at a time, and get back to a routine. Thanks for listening. It feels good to put it in words, it's hard to keep it all inside, sometimes you just have to talk to people, even if you don't actually know them...

Prayers sent man, that's a rough road. Rejoice that you were able to spend the time with her that you did, a lot of people would kill for that.

But you are right, no matter how much time there is, it's not enough.

Wow, very sorry to hear that and our prayers are with you. Although a week could never be enough time, as stated be thankful you did get time to say goodbye.

God damn it... Son of a bitch. Brian98GTP's Avatar
    So sorry to hear! Thoughts will be with you for sure. One day at a time is exactly right. It might even go down to one hour at a time, at times. Just keep on swimming, and celebrate the life she lived and the time you spent with her.
    Hale To The Zoo!!

TWO-TON ENGINE HOIST: A tool for testing the maximum tensile strength of everything you forgot to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by juicedimpss
    no,i think dani makes a better looking chick than the one we are talking about

07 GP GXP
    01 Camaro SS

My Garage

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family

BCM Cruiser
    Sorry for your loss

My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear of her passing, she will be looking down on you keeping you safe and strong !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I just went threw something similar with my mother in law,hang in there your friends family and faith will help you,prayers sent

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Prayers sent your way..
    Procharged WS6. - Forged 408, 4L80e, E85, F1A, FMIC, Brutespeed Blower Cam, PRC 2.5s, Full BMR Suspension, Strano Springs, Bilstein Shocks, GMMG exhaust and narrowed Dana S60.

Sold - Procharged 95 1LE Z28 - 410whp/432tq.