Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Lambo

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    So your saying its basically a Volkswagon?
    Well if that's the case then a diesel swap should be in order. I mean MPG is very important these days.

I kid, nice car!!!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-...US_Cars_Trucks

You peaked my interest. Did some looking, WOW!!!!!! some amazing Lambos out there...
    Congrats Jason, i'll have to stop by one of these days.

-Dave
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Congrats! I heard you hitting it up and down Hwy saturday night, seemed like you were enjoying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

lol your neighbors are going to SHIT themselves with envy after calling the cops all the time on you. But I can say from experience expect them to accuse you of dealing drugs. So if you are a recreational user, cross your Ts, dot your Is and know the law in regards to letting the police in your house etc. The chance of your door getting broken in for the next year is probably 30 times higher. Sounds crazy, but old people when they see a younger guy with a really nice car the first thing they say is "drug dealer" and it starts making its way around the neighborhood.

That being said... GRATS MAN!

It appears that working on cars is quite lucrative

Post whore
    Nice. Curious what do you do for a living?

Started Tanin Auto Electronix three years ago. Fix speedometers.
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Sweet baby jebus that is sweet!

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol...when I read you bought a lambo, I was expecting a Jalpa...good kill.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Post whore
    Fix speedos? Damn I need to get into that business. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Fix speedos? Damn I need to get into that business. Lol
    Are you well versed in adjusting men's swimsuits?

Post whore
    Damn, got me on that one stew. Got me good. Lol! Why do you need adjusting?

Congrats again man, I'm hoping I'll get a chance to see it sometime this summer. Also patiently awaiting the first Wikked photoshoot. Bring it to the Shootout!
    -Rob

'03 Chick Car "Chickmode" 12.5 @ 111 mph
    '03 Evo Parting out, PM me for parts
    '06 FZ6
    '03 I35

Awesome car man!!!

Wow. That is fuckin awesome! !!

Nice grab. Whats insurance like on a beast like that? Once upon a time I was into this autobidmaster.com place, was going to put back together a front end damaged ferrari, parts priced and all, surprisingly the most expensive thing was the wheel, 4k alone, more than the front bumper and suspension parts individually. What turned me off was the insurance per month, its crazy what exotics rate, and I was 28 at time.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Insurance, no idea.

Hagerty wouldn't insure me because my primary car was over 4 or 7 years old or whatever.

It was cheap with Grundy. 100-125/mo I think. They wouldn't insure me for some reason due to past "claims/tickets". I haven't had either in over 4 years. No idea.

State Farm was around $200-$250 for the Lambo and 4-5 other of my cars.

I've had my own family friend/agent for 17 years now, currently through West Bend. He said it wasn't in his system and would, "need to call in a favor" to get it insured. I finalized everything with him two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since.

So long story short, I have no idea.

Insurance all depends on the value, replacement parts costs, etc, etc...

When a buddy bought a Murcielago LP640 a few years back he bought the car and had a hell of a time getting insured. Had to put up a sizeable bond to start with if I remember correctly.

Now, that was a $560k+ car. A Gallardo is the "Toyota Corolla" of the Lambos with values between $110k and $90k, so I would imagine it would be much easier to insure it comparatively. Just that a lot of agencies just don't want to deal with the potential "black hole" of costs getting things fixed if you get in a fender bender. Getting an exotic repaired opens up a whole can of worms in regards to "authorized repairs" that won't impact the overall value of the vehicle, etc, etc...

Nice car, but still quite an expensive "toy" in regards to repairs. My buddy smoked the clutch on his LP640 once... That was a $16k repair... Sure, a lot cheaper if you do the work yourself, and I am sure the parts for a LP640 are much more expensive than the Gallardo, but any way you look at it, it is an expensive toy to maintain.

Insurance is also very fickle in regards to the "social" trends of those that own them. Take my MKS's for example, my 2009 was about 30% cheaper to insure than my 2012. That was because of all the lowlifes that started picking them up used for <$20k and started crashing them left and right. The wrong people were buying a nice car and wrecking them, so the industry raised rates since it was a riskier car to insure (comes down to them not being able to "stereotype" the owners, thus everyone has to pay instead of the select "group" of people that are wrecking them). Point is a Gallardo is much more "obtainable" than a Merci LP640 to the masses, especially the "rappers" and drug dealers, thus I am sure that will play into higher rates for that car compared to a LP640 as well.

Also, don't forget, a lot of higher-end insurance companies look at total assets as well as a factor of risk in insuring, so if you don't live in a house that is worth 5x the value of your car, that will probably work against you in insuring an exotic. Actuaries really don't like straying from the "calculated risk" pool they are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast View Post
    Insurance all depends on the value, replacement parts costs, etc, etc...

When a buddy bought a Murcielago LP640 a few years back he bought the car and had a hell of a time getting insured. Had to put up a sizeable bond to start with if I remember correctly.

Now, that was a $560k+ car. A Gallardo is the "Toyota Corolla" of the Lambos with values between $110k and $90k, so I would imagine it would be much easier to insure it comparatively. Just that a lot of agencies just don't want to deal with the potential "black hole" of costs getting things fixed if you get in a fender bender. Getting an exotic repaired opens up a whole can of worms in regards to "authorized repairs" that won't impact the overall value of the vehicle, etc, etc...

Nice car, but still quite an expensive "toy" in regards to repairs. My buddy smoked the clutch on his LP640 once... That was a $16k repair... Sure, a lot cheaper if you do the work yourself, and I am sure the parts for a LP640 are much more expensive than the Gallardo, but any way you look at it, it is an expensive toy to maintain.

Insurance is also very fickle in regards to the "social" trends of those that own them. Take my MKS's for example, my 2009 was about 30% cheaper to insure than my 2012. That was because of all the lowlifes that started picking them up used for <$20k and started crashing them left and right. The wrong people were buying a nice car and wrecking them, so the industry raised rates since it was a riskier car to insure (comes down to them not being able to "stereotype" the owners, thus everyone has to pay instead of the select "group" of people that are wrecking them). Point is a Gallardo is much more "obtainable" than a Merci LP640 to the masses, especially the "rappers" and drug dealers, thus I am sure that will play into higher rates for that car compared to a LP640 as well.

Also, don't forget, a lot of higher-end insurance companies look at total assets as well as a factor of risk in insuring, so if you don't live in a house that is worth 5x the value of your car, that will probably work against you in insuring an exotic. Actuaries really don't like straying from the "calculated risk" pool they are comfortable with.
    I can't imagine they're going to have him submit a personal financial statement to determine net worth for the car.

Well, maybe not for a car worth around $100k... For something $250k+ they just might... Also, they do pull credit reports with all insurance companies to determine coverage... With that they can see the size of your mortgage, the regular debts you carry and the credit lines you have... Some even pull deeper financials depending on what you are trying to insure...

Actually, in talking with my agent, he stated that for "best coverage and cost" the total assets do sometimes come into consideration. On the high-end of the insurance scale they have a whole ton of rules that have to be met to get "preferred" coverage with a given rate...

That is why it is best to try to pool all your insurances with the same company... They will have a complete "view" of your situation financially and can often assume risks that a "specialized" insurer would not...

Like I said, getting insurance on an exotic isn't something everyone does and those that do usually have most of the rest of their coverages and such already layed out to make covering something like that a simple matter. If you don't carry high coverages in other things (such as an expensive house, life insurance, umbrella policies, etc) then it is kinda the "exception" not the rule...

My buddy with the Merci LP640 was quite wealthy and found after he bought that car he wasn't carrying the proper insurance everywhere else to make that asset "fit" the picture the agency liked to see... He put up a bond for the first 6 months, got the rest of his coverages in order and it all dropped into place... When he bought his Ferrari Italia it was a non-issue insuring it...

It is like getting a custom car covered for either "stated value" or "appraised value"... the "appraised" one is fairly easy and anyone can get it... The "stated value" has a whole different set of requirements necessary to get it done to your satisfaction and your entire financial situation plays in greatly there...

Fact of the matter is, those with the bucks are "trusted"... Those without are "questionable"... Just the way society is structured, regardless of how right or wrong it is...
    Last edited by 95 TA - The Beast; 08-06-2014 at 12:44 PM.