Recycling catalytic converters

Are they still bring decent prices? I am replacing the cats and downpipes in my Audi allroad since the flex area rotted out and broke. It would be nice to offset some of the cost. Lol
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

Exhaust shop should/could maybe can be able to repair that.

Post whore
    414 840 5364
    This is the guys who I have always sold mine to. Call him and tell him what you have and he will give a price over the phone. He always pays really well.

Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Exhaust shop should/could maybe can be able to repair that.
    I could've welded in a new section, but I figured I may as well replace it with 134,000 miles.
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayzbimmer View Post
    414 840 5364
    This is the guys who I have always sold mine to. Call him and tell him what you have and he will give a price over the phone. He always pays really well.
    Cool thanks.
    Jamie

Post whore
    Junk prices are down right now and that means precious metals too. I would hold on to them till after summer. The prices are suppose to come up around that time. I have a great guy who buys my cats. You text him a pic and he gives you a price. He pays more than any other person I've sold cats to in the past. If you want his number PM me.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    AFAIK prices were dependent on the manufactor as well. The guy from LS1tech paid nearly $200 for the ones off my Fbody.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    European and Japanese vehicles have more platinum and even gold in their cats which is why they usually fetch more money. There are some older GM cars and trucks that have better cats and you see more money for them. Those are the triangle shaped cats and the large pancake looking ones. I junked a older BMW a couple years ago and I got $400 for the cats. I was surprised but my cat guy said they had gold inside.