01' LS1 Lifter/Push Rod Repair

I've had this loud ticking at immediate start up coming from the driver side most forward valve cover, used a stethoscope and I could hear it, between first four valves on that side. This was about 5 months ago, and its been sitting, and was put on a trailer when we moved back to WI. I've been slowly putting the car back together with the little time I have, shes needs tons of work I neglected over the years.

I have no time for job like a lifter, or even push rods. Whats a good shop or person who could help me out? Honestly tell me what the problem is, and fix me up for a good price and I'll supply my own parts. I also just want to go stock, nothing major, I'm on a dual purpose mission, fix her up good to enjoy for this summer, and sell it at the end, no matter how long it takes, I can afford to wait this time around.

I found a video from when I was in NC, you can hear faintly, but it gets loud in last few seconds of the video, and this is a cold start.

Appreciate any help, thanks!!!!

Also in the video I'm on the passenger because I was sending this to a friend before I used the Stethoscope, but its definitely the driver side.
    Jimmy

Last edited by GHOSST; 06-02-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

Damn, no love in the Brew City. Guess you have to be in the "in" crowd just to get a suggestion on spending your own money, simply looking for a good source of LS know how. Ah well..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.

If it wasn't a 4th gen I'd say bring it over.. Lifters and pushrods on an LS1 aren't hard... if you can get to em. Didn't even work on my own when I had it with that cramped ass engine bay.

For the record, has nothing to do with in-crowd.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

I 2nd that, it has more to do with time to get on here....I dont post as often as I once did. Jimmy, get a hold of Tom (badls1), see if he would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

I couldnt tell from the video what you were referring to. I would pull the valve cover off and check your rocker arms and pull out the push rods and check to see if any are bent. As far as shops go you can try Tom, West Bend Dyno, LMT, or Clocks off racing. If you are sure its a sticking lifter, pick up a cam and some other parts then do it all yourself when you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    I couldnt tell from the video what you were referring to. I would pull the valve cover off and check your rocker arms and pull out the push rods and check to see if any are bent. As far as shops go you can try Tom, West Bend Dyno, LMT, or Clocks off racing. If you are sure its a sticking lifter, pick up a cam and some other parts then do it all yourself when you have time.
    +1 to all that. Rocker Trunion is also a likely suspect, but if memory serves those fail more spectactularly. I have a set of upgraded rockers still in the box they were shipped to me in.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    If it wasn't a 4th gen I'd say bring it over.. Lifters and pushrods on an LS1 aren't hard... if you can get to em. Didn't even work on my own when I had it with that cramped ass engine bay.

For the record, has nothing to do with in-crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    I 2nd that, it has more to do with time to get on here....I dont post as often as I once did. Jimmy, get a hold of Tom (badls1), see if he would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    Its all good Wagon and Waver, I just know others get help more quickly, but that's my fault for not being at more events. I just need to get off my ass, like back in 03'-05', good times! lol Thanks for the input, I should definitely have time to pop off a valve cover and inspect. I totally forgot about Latet Model Throttle, thanks Yoo! I'll be PM'ing you shortly Yoo about my wifes Camaro, it needs to be brough back from the dead, huge fan of your work. And I'll also get a hold of Tom and see how his schedule is. Its all coming back to me now.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    -Jimmy E.