Threaded View

01' LS1 Lifter/Push Rod Repair

I've had this loud ticking at immediate start up coming from the driver side most forward valve cover, used a stethoscope and I could hear it, between first four valves on that side. This was about 5 months ago, and its been sitting, and was put on a trailer when we moved back to WI. I've been slowly putting the car back together with the little time I have, shes needs tons of work I neglected over the years.

I have no time for job like a lifter, or even push rods. Whats a good shop or person who could help me out? Honestly tell me what the problem is, and fix me up for a good price and I'll supply my own parts. I also just want to go stock, nothing major, I'm on a dual purpose mission, fix her up good to enjoy for this summer, and sell it at the end, no matter how long it takes, I can afford to wait this time around.

I found a video from when I was in NC, you can hear faintly, but it gets loud in last few seconds of the video, and this is a cold start.

Appreciate any help, thanks!!!!

Also in the video I'm on the passenger because I was sending this to a friend before I used the Stethoscope, but its definitely the driver side.
    Jimmy

Last edited by GHOSST; 06-02-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.