Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well any good tuner will do a boost leak test and ensure all system sensors are good to go before tuning. If something is flaky during a tune it will definitely present itself and make tuning a nightmare.

Boost leak with a MAP based tune isn't going to really matter. The only thing you'd have to worry about is compressor efficiency and extra heat. A boost leak won't really effect the tune.

Water temp sensor should be simple to see if it's bad or going bad. You can see the sensor voltage or reading while driving around otherwise log it and go drive around. I've had a coolant temp sensor spike down to like 30 degrees a bunch of times, but never would have known if I wouldn't have seen it in the log.

Where are you and when are you available?
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

I see from your screenshots an issue already. O2 feedback is setup and running and you can see it compensating and taking out 10% of fuel to get to the target AFR. It shouldn't be taking out that much fuel at any point. If the tune is setup well and car is running good the O2 feedback should be less than 2-3% +/-. It's really just there to make the tune "perfect", not to fix any issues or be the actual tune.

Also there could be some coolant temp enrichment map that's wacked out.

Is your O2 really 9.0 at that one point?
    TaninAutoElectronix
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Post whore
    Did you free air calibrate the wideband o2 sensor before installing it? That is weird that it richens up then leans out at idle. I honestly don't think it's the tune unless the AEM is internally messed up. Wouldn't be the first Aem that I've seen go bad. It's a version 1 Aem correct? And is it a early serial number unit? I know there were a couple bad batches of them so if you bought a used one I'd check with Aem if the serial number falls in those bad units.

Post whore
    Looking at your data log I noticed your intake air temp was 100°F what was the ambient air temp that day? My Supra on a 75-85° day with decent humidity I would see 70ish intake air temps.

Quote Originally Posted by LIL EVO View Post
    Well any good tuner will do a boost leak test and ensure all system sensors are good to go before tuning. If something is flaky during a tune it will definitely present itself and make tuning a nightmare.

Boost leak with a MAP based tune isn't going to really matter. The only thing you'd have to worry about is compressor efficiency and extra heat. A boost leak won't really effect the tune.

Water temp sensor should be simple to see if it's bad or going bad. You can see the sensor voltage or reading while driving around otherwise log it and go drive around. I've had a coolant temp sensor spike down to like 30 degrees a bunch of times, but never would have known if I wouldn't have seen it in the log.

Where are you and when are you available?
    Thaks, I'm in the Menomonee Falls,Brookfield boarder off Pilgrim and Silver Spring area.

I see from your screenshots an issue already. O2 feedback is setup and running and you can see it compensating and taking out 10% of fuel to get to the target AFR. It shouldn't be taking out that much fuel at any point. If the tune is setup well and car is running good the O2 feedback should be less than 2-3% +/-. It's really just there to make the tune "perfect", not to fix any issues or be the actual tune.

Also there could be some coolant temp enrichment map that's wacked out.

Is your O2 really 9.0 at that one point?
    I will have to look into the o2 setup and double check the wiring from the wideband to the ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Did you free air calibrate the wideband o2 sensor before installing it? That is weird that it richens up then leans out at idle. I honestly don't think it's the tune unless the AEM is internally messed up. Wouldn't be the first Aem that I've seen go bad. It's a version 1 Aem correct? And is it a early serial number unit? I know there were a couple bad batches of them so if you bought a used one I'd check with Aem if the serial number falls in those bad units.
    As far as i know, the AEM Uego doesn't require or need an open air calibration, and it's the AEM EMS V2.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Looking at your data log I noticed your intake air temp was 100°F what was the ambient air temp that day? My Supra on a 75-85° day with decent humidity I would see 70ish intake air temps.
    I believe it was mid-high 80's with the car running in the garage, so no fresh, or cool air, also the intercooler i believe is pretty much past it's efficiency range.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

Post whore
    Yeah the V2 are good standalones.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    have we checked the ecm temp sensor to make sure as coolant temps rise that its not reading way to hot causing car to lean out?

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Its the same reading as in the software
    TaninAutoElectronix
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

yeah the ECM Temp sensor and the Gauge sensor are pretty close in reading (within 5 degrees typically) Had an issue when i replaced the alternator something with the electric fans broke so i had to replace that this weekend and now something with the alternator is bad (had it tested and it's fine) So i get to look into that now.

Jason - I redid the wiring to the o2 sensor the AEM and the AEM now sees it, but only sees it as O2 #2 and not as #1 so i had the #1 o2 sensor have an error so it defaults to 02 #2. car pretty much still ran the same way it always has, yet it's not showing as much correction anymore.

You should turn o2 feedback off until you figure out the issue with it.
    TaninAutoElectronix
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

You should turn o2 feedback off until you figure out the issue with it.
    Gotcha, Thanks i'll be sure to try that out.