Thread: Parking Pad

Parking Pad

I'm looking to add an "parking pad" for my RV and misc trailers next to my driveway and house. So far I have cleared the trees and am in process of clearing an basketball hoop. The size would be about 9'X60' (540sqft). The ground is level.

I was planning on just digging about 6" down and putting in gravel, but after a little bit of research, gravel could be a ton of work. Apparently, I need to layer it? I'm not exactly sure how much I'm saving using gravel over asphalt or concrete. Everything else at my house is concrete, so I would prefer to avoid asphalt.

Has anyone else built a low cost parking pad before that can offer suggestions?

subbing as I would like to add a parking space next to the garage to my driveway at some point.

I poured concrete for a summer, but lacking the equipment and anything resembling finishing skills that does me no good.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

We poured an entire alley pad, stairs, and sidewalk at my friend's house having never laid (only watched) concrete before. There was only one small detail where inexperience showed, and it was only because we took too long to cut joints, we had to get a saw and saw them instead. You can rent all the stuff you need from menards. He was quoted 2400-3800 for the whole job, we got it done for around 1000 in concrete with 3 people. I even plaster cast the original stamping that was there and put it back in the new pad to look like nothing was ever tore out

3 years later and it still looks great.

I need a pad at my house as well, and I will likely be pouring it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    I even plaster cast the original stamping that was there and put it back in the new pad to look like nothing was ever tore out
    Awesome.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car