BCM Cruiser

Opinions on getting a car with a beige leather interior

Was thinking about getting a car with a beige/light tan leather interior and was wondering what people thought about keeping it clean. Also, what about getting marks on it from blue jeans, black leather belts, etc. I probably wouldn't keep it long (2-3 years) and don't have any kids.

With the exception of a gray interior in my Regal GS once upon a time, they've all been black. The gray in the GS didn't seem to stand up too well after 3 or so years (not that I ever did anything to take care of it).

Yoosof, you've probably seen some light interiors over the years, can they be kept clean or cleaned after time pretty easily?

Thanks.
    '14 550 M-Sport
    '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

BCM Cruiser
    I have tan leather in my expedition. Don't get the blue jean transfer and it is easier to clean in my opinion .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have light tan leather in my 09 Flex. No marks on the seats at all and very easy to clean.
    2007 Focus ST

Really depends on the manufacturer if you are going to issues or not. Higher end cars use better grades of leather and much softer and tend to have more build up/dirt tint and color transfer while more domestic interiors are primarily plastic/leather/vinyl and resist transfer but ALL get dirty. Dirt builds up and you just dont notice the slightly darker hue until its cleaned but they are pretty easy to clean. Any leather cleaner or hand soap/water mix will give you a decent clean up. As far as long term protection the only available in stores would be 303 fabric guard which works really well for carpets and such but for leather you need more specific products usually found online.

Quote Originally Posted by davidrab View Post
    Was thinking about getting a car with a beige/light tan leather interior and was wondering what people thought about keeping it clean. Also, what about getting marks on it from blue jeans, black leather belts, etc. I probably wouldn't keep it long (2-3 years) and don't have any kids.

With the exception of a gray interior in my Regal GS once upon a time, they've all been black. The gray in the GS didn't seem to stand up too well after 3 or so years (not that I ever did anything to take care of it).

Yoosof, you've probably seen some light interiors over the years, can they be kept clean or cleaned after time pretty easily?

Thanks.

BCM Cruiser
    Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions. I did end up getting it.

I must be getting old because the power is nice but the quiet, comfy-ish ride is pretty darn good too.

The hot-V configuration with the exhaust/turbos where the intake normally is and the intake where the exhaust manifolds normally are is still weird.

'14 550 M-Sport
    '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Congrats! Beautiful car.

BCM Cruiser
    I dig it, nice.

In my experience BMW interiors hold up well and tolerate cleaning pretty well too.

Nice grab! I had beige leather on my 03' Bimmer vert. And I have to say its damn good quality leather. You can tell the huge difference from the beige leather in my 01' Camaro.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.