Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Mufflers And Pipes in Waukesha

Had some exhaust work done at Mufflers and Pipes on Sunset in Waukesha in June. I had a downpipe, cats, x-pipe done on a 4.6 Ford. Couple days after I got a CEL for running lean. I find out that their shitty welds were most likely done by a three year old. I called them about it and they will not fix it since I'm telling them about it a month later. For the past month I've been trying to figure out why my car was running lean and throwing codes changing out O2 sensors, spark plugs and dataloging with my SCT livelink, ect, only to find it now. Piss poor bull shit. Beware of these shady fuckers!

Pictures:

-Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Wow!
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

This isn't the first time I've heard of this from them. Threaten them with BBB that will usually push them to at least do something.
    92 Bimini Blue Coupe ZZZZzzzzZZZ
    2003 DSG Cobra

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude
    Function:Error
    IF IT DOESN'T HAVE TITS, A TRIGGER, OR THROTTLE I'M NOT INTERESTED

Wow. I'm a crappy welder, but I can do better than that. Thats pathetic. If you wanna borrow my flux core MIG to at least finish what they started stop on over.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

unfortunately a pretty well known problem with them....

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Mufflers And Pipes in Waukesha

Pay someone to fix it, take them to small claims court, recoupe your money, time, etc..

It's a long process but, if you want to legally "stick-it" to them, best route to go, outside of soiling their name via social media.

My only experience with them I told them I wanted to be able to use a factory leadpipe on an aftermarket muffler so I could bolt in and swap back. They cut off the stock muffler, welded on some 2.5" and sent me on my way. No hanger, no exhaust bend for a tailpipe, nothing. I'd provided full dimensions, and the aftermarket muffler. I still had to assemble and trim it all when I got home.

So glad I have my own welder so I don't have to deal with those kind of shenanigans now.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Looks like Korndogs welds.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Yeah, maybe 9 years ago when I started.
    1968 Camaro 383

Holy piss man. I've had work done by them on countless cars for about the past 15 years +/- and I've not had anything remotely close to that happen. The last one I had done was my camaro. I had them weld on some new tips because I wanted to get rid of the factory rectangle tips.

Maybe I should crawl under there to make sure. This was in may. I wonder if they got new employees who are junk or they've just gotten lazy and don't give two squirts of piss anymore.

Just disgusting...

Nick

Sent from my PrimeCo Phone

I am not a good welder and I honestly can say I have made better looking emergency welds with a torch and a coat hanger as a "stick". I mean at least mine were complete all the way around the pipe lol.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Wow... im a bad welder and at least my ugly welds seal...

Resident Hornet guru USMARINE1108's Avatar
    Wow. Did you take the pipes back and show them?

I got into a pissing match with someone on the phone. I'm going to do the BBB after I send them a letter in the mail since they don't have email on their webpage. But I might just take the loss, I already dropped the pipes off to a good welding shop in Brown Deer. If you look at the forth picture down, the bung on the top of the pipe is a perfect weld from this shop I go to. I would love to learn how to weld, need to find the time to take a class.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Post the image to Google reviews.

I just sent them them a letter in the mail with all the pictures and a copy of the receipt. Hopefully they will send some money back, I could car less. I just got my pipes back from Schroeder's Tool Welding in Brown Deer and they are back on the car. They fixed everything up for $20 bucks in a couple hours. I'm all good now, thanks guys.
    Last edited by OxmanWI; 08-01-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    I just sent them them a letter in the mail with all the pictures and a copy of the receipt. Hopefully they will send some money back, I could car less. I just got my pipes back from Schroeder's Tool Welding in Brown Deer and they are back on the car. They fixed everything up for $20 bucks in a couple hours. I'm all good now, thanks guys.
    That's crazy cheap, so they must have pittied the awful work you paid good money for. Kudos to them. If I ever get to welding up engine mounts for a swap I know who will be doing my structural welding.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Franchises man... they hire shitty, produce shitty.. Yet lets raise the minimum wage.. for another topic I know, but man, some of us don't have the time to do or learn some car stuff, and we'd like to think we can pay to get those things done so its one less thing to worry about, even though we might even have the means to do it ourselves. I guess that's the price for convenience these days.
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

It's funny but I happened to see this on the M&P website. Apparently their mission statement is horse shit...

" Our Guarantee

We offer a lifetime guarantee on AP & Walker Mufflers for both domestic and foreign vehicles.*

We specialize in custom pipe bending. We use only high quality parts and offer free estimates. We're proud to stand behind all of our work. Please call us at 262-542-3183 and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have regarding repairs, maintenance, or parts replacement.

Sent from my PrimeCo Phone

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Hey, they never said they could weld. :P