Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exp Rb26dett tuner wanted

hey guys i have a '95 240sx Rb26dett awd. i don't wrench as much as i used to and was looking for any people or places that are experienced with these motors or setups. it's BNR32 gtr swap. thanks in advance

Post whore
    AWD 240? Pics please!!!!!!!! For Nissan tuning around our area I would suggest two places, Sound Performance and AMS both down in IL. Larry at SP is well know for his expertise in tuning and building Supras, Nissans, American Muscle and many other manufacturers. SP has built some of the fastest street cars in the country and their shop cars have held records. Martin at AMS is also diverse when it comes to tuning imports and should be able to take care of your set up as well. AMS has built many very high power cars from GTRs, Evos, Subarus and some Supras. They have one bad ass 8 second GTR. IMHO there isn't anybody in WI that I would trust tuning Import vehicles. The exception would be King but their Honda guys. They're some great domestic tuners in our area just not imports. I have dealt with SP tuning my customers Supras that I've built over the years. I can street tune but I leave the fine detailed tuning to experts like these two guys. GL and hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by spooln30; 03-17-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Hmmmmm. I smell Tuna
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

I don't think AMS will touch is, I know they are turning away EVOs,DSMs,SRTs,etc So i can't see them doing this. So i would have to say X2 on Sound Performance, only thing is if you actually did do an AWD swap then SP won't be able to tune the car on the dyno as they only have a RWD dyno. Other bet would be Murray @ West Bend Dyno he had a RB26 in a S14 that made like 600WHP so he knows that setup pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

I've tried every way I know how to upload pics. i read this and ran out and snapped some. I keep getting the message that I exceed the limit by so many kb. I'm 37 and have no reason to sign up on a forum to "fish".

best bet on photos is to make an account on a site like photobucket.com and do it that way, or you can usaully link them from facebook.

I didn't mean to come off saying you didn't have it, i just know the RB26 is typically an AWD setup, unless you use a 25 or 20 Trans. So sometimes people still say the AWD thing.

oh not you Flicktitty. I think that's what fly5150 was implying. I went and did the photobucket thing. I even took a pic of the controller that can run auto or adjust the split yourseld. Can also just roll 2wd for some fun ;-)

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/ben3...?sort=3&page=1

Sounds like a pretty cool setup, What do you need tuned though, The engine setup looks pretty stock imo short of an intake, and an intercooler upgrade i dont see much else.

Also if you can make the car 100% RWD i'd call Sound Performance and see what they would do, Are you using the R33 GT-R Stuff on the car? I know Geoff @Full Race did a R-14 years ago.

no its all R32. i guess more of a run thru and start building it a little more. not many mechanics will know what or where to begin. i have some parts bought already. again small stuff. it has a niss tune. i came out this fall to my 10 year old playin with the tuner in the glove box and i went from 16lbs to 12lbs and cant switch to the 18.5lbs setting anymore.

i'd check with Murray (WhatsaDSM) on here he tunes sometimes at West Bend Dyno he could be of some help.

I was more referring to the fact that 2 R32 Skylines were "crushed" up in Green Bay last year.
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

Very cool swap....I gotta ask...Do you plan on having the car Painted?

Rex Kramer - Thrill Seeker

Yeah, the Fast 'N Furious graphics kind of takes away from how rad (I'm bringing it back) the car really is.
    '73 Datsun 240GNZ (Buick Grand National engine)
    '98 Superhawk 996 V-Twin
    '02 S-10 Crew Cab
    Superhawk Chopper (Build in progress)

BCM Cruiser
    Cool car, I have an RB25DET swapped S14 that I may or may not get out this year. I'd love to see your car sometime.

LOL! 1st thing i said when i bought it. goin to the all white ASAP

Sounds good Haulin' Oates. i drive it all over everyday. its not lowered. so where ever is fine with me

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Yea I used to have an rb26 swapped s14 (just rwd). Also tune on occasion sport compacts for WBD.

What are you tuning with? AEM? Stock hardware with Nistune?

Post whore
    I know for sure if AMS can tune a GTR he can tune a rb26 set up. I'm sure he's done so in the past. Oh yeah I forgot Murray had this swap. Duh.

Post whore
    Yeah you definitely have to ditch those twins and slap on a PTE6766.

I used to have issues posting pics off my old HTC Inspire but I just got a S4 Galaxy Active and I can just download pics right off my phones gallery.

i have nistune which im fine with. i was thinkin if AMS turned it down itd be more cause "If we work on your car $70/hr, if you wanna watch $90/hr, if you worked on it before $120/hr" we've all seen the signs. im not sure on the single setup since i DD the shit out of it. i mean its a true DD. i park my other cars once shes out. i have the S2 and i tried that as a last ditch effort before photobucket, but thank you. maybe my post should read lookin for Nissan enthusiasts. of course i need a spring tune, but also ppl to bounce ideas off of or a small weekend projects. ESPECIALLY needppl to take cruises with. the only other buddy i have with a car thats close is my buddy and his '93 300gt VR4.