Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sounds like Shields is walking

Think he'll be back? Or will someone make him a ridiculous offer?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

No. I think that he will be gone... and that's unfortunate.
    1969 Camaro SS, 350(NOM), M21, 12 Bolt Posi, 01B LOS Build

Looks like someone who won't be walking is Darren Sharper!!! WTF is up with that???

More on topic though I hate the whole free agency thing in most sports... I loved it when guys played the majority of their career usually for one team. Sucks nowadays seems noone can keep their good players, especially around here. Packers have so much tied up in Rodgers and Matthews, they are gonna have to keep letting people go when they get high offers...
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Post whore
    Matthews isn't worth all of his money. Plus the coaches are playing him wrong. That's why he was having those hamstring issues. Why in the world do they having him rush against guys that have a hundred pounds on him is beyond me. Ted needs to get a good safety off FA because a lot of his Draft pics don't pan out. I just hope they try to keep James Jones, Jolley, Picket and Shields.

Post whore
    One more thing. The NFL needs to get their heads out of their asses and raise the cap to a much higher amount so teams can keep more of the players. Now days you have to Draft good players with in a 4 year span in order to win a SB. Seattle is the best example. In 2 more years they won't be half the team now, especially once Wilson gets paid his +20 million a year that he clearly isn't worth.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    Looks like someone who won't be walking is Darren Sharper!!! WTF is up with that???

More on topic though I hate the whole free agency thing in most sports... I loved it when guys played the majority of their career usually for one team. Sucks nowadays seems noone can keep their good players, especially around here. Packers have so much tied up in Rodgers and Matthews, they are gonna have to keep letting people go when they get high offers...
    Packers are one of the teams with the most cap space available. If TT wanted to sign Shields he could. Regardless of what people thing about TT, he is one of the best in the business not only with pulling talent but also managing the cap. Take a look around the league. There's teams over the cap even with the new raised cap for '14!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    The Packers only have 35 million in available cap left and they have 17 free agents. Which is a lot more cap then many other teams. They have to consider Cobb and Nelson next year. I think the Packers should try to get Talib from the Pats. I'd bet they could get him for around the same Shields is asking but Talib is a way better corner back. Just please don't let Jones and center EDS go. He's been a stout center. Ted is a good GM but has made some mistakes in first round draft picks. Datone hasn't panned out yet but hopefully this year he'll come around. The best two players TT has drafted would be Cobb and the beast Eddy Lacy. We lucked out with Lacy for sure. Nobody wanted him because they all thought he was injury prone but he clearly isn't. Playing four weeks with that ankle problem shows he is really reliable and a lot of teams are wishing they took him. Another great thing about Lacy is the kid doesn't fumble. One fumble during the first game and never again. I knew he was going to be a beast. Let's hope he stays in GB for his entire career.
    Last edited by spooln30; 03-04-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Talib for Shields money? Yuck. Packers have enough injury problems, they don't need to take someone that already has injury issues like Talib. He gets hurt and then its back to Bush and House.

Ted drafted a lot more good players than Cobb and Lacy also... ?
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Post whore
    Saying in the past few years draft pics. Yeah I forgot Talib gets hurt often. There's a couple FA safety I have been reading about that we should try to get. TJ Ward or Clemons from Miami. We desperately need help at safety.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Well, there goes the cap $.

Sam is 5.6 mil against the cap this year. Chump change.

C'mon man, head down to Dallas if you wanna talk cap problems.
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

And I completely missed the part about Clay Matthews above.

Spooln, you definitely need to fill us all in on what Clay should be doing instead of rushing guys with 100 pounds on him.
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Post whore
    Well since he's not a DE he should float around and play the line. Not just play the line almost every down. There is many different ways to play a linebacker and I just see the coaches using him in the wrong ways a lot of the time. How many hamstring issues has he had in the last 3 years? Too many times imo and if they let him loose maybe he would get more sacks and become healthier. Our 2010 season he was a beast because they played him a little different. I understand he was out a little last season which is why is stats reflect lower numbers. Just let him be a free bird.

I'll be honest I wanted TT to pickup the rusher the Bears signed from Oakland. Instead we put the 34 year old Julius Peppers on a 3year 30million contract. Only positive I see is they can bail on the deal next year without any hit on the cap. I hope I'm wrong and he plays great.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    I think Peppers is a great sign. The way the deal is structured it's more like a 1 year deal at 7 mill guaranteed. He might be 34 but he didn't miss a game in the 4 years as a Bear and even though he had a lower production year last season he still had more sacks then any one on our team. Adding Peppers will help Matthews out tremendously and we will definitely get to the quarterback more this season.

So if I read correctly they were using Raji as a DE last year (something I didn't notice or pay attention to)? With this move they can put him back at DT and Peppers will replace Picket? All I know is with Peppers on one side, Daniels on the other, Raji in the middle, and Matthews on the outside that could bring some serious heat. I really think Mike Daniels is gonna unleash hell this year.

Post whore
    Yeah they weren 't playing a few D guys correctly the past couple seasons. BJ was better in the middle and with Peppers our front line should be stout. Just get the safety position figured out and we'll have a great D. I think Datone Jones will show out along with Cassey Hayward. In his rookie season he was FN awesome but then he got injured. I think once our secondary gets syncd they will produce a lot of take aways.

I see a lot of trust here in capers not to fuck it all up

Post whore
    I don't agree with everything he's done but he was taught by one of the best coaches in nfl history. In the most part the faults have been the players. Either they weren't that good or not enough experience. Now our D line is solid and corners are good we just have to get the safety position filled with some heavy hitters. If they can get a top 15 D then the Packers will be a top team in the NFL for sure.

Post whore
    I just can't believe they let James Jones walk. Very disappointing to say the least and I just hope Boykin and White work out because Jones had really become a reliable tough WR and was super underrated. He led the league in TDs in 2012 season. To come from a ball dropper to that was impressive.