Well, the timing set and headgasket snowballed into:

- All new brakes (rotors/loaded calipers/drums/shoes/hardware kit) all Raybestos Professional stuff
- New rear wheel hubs, Raybestos professional again
- All new struts, Monroe Quick-Struts which include the struts (Monroe OESpectrum or SensaTrac), springs, bearings, mounts, etc all ready to install as one assembly
- All new front suspension components using Deeza Premium parts (lower balljoints, inner/outer tire-rod ends, stabilizer bar end-links)
- New Airtex fuel pump

Basically since just about everything in the suspension/steering outside of front wheel hubs/bearings and control arm bushings is being replaced.

Since the car wasn't driven much because of the other issues, once I was driving it I noticed a lot of problems, such as braking issues, a leaking set of front struts, brake rotors that were just eaten by the salt-mix used this winter, rear drums that scrapped when actuated, etc... In checking everything out I noticed a bad inner tie-rod end on one side, a clunking over certain bumps in the front, which could be the struts, but since everything is so inexpensive it just makes sense to replace everything within reason.

Then I found that the fuel pump no longer holds pressure when the car is off (bad internal valve) and then found that there is a dead-spot on the fuel pump where if it stops on that spot it won't spin up (open and close a door and the shock allows the pump to spinup). So that was needed as well.

Between RockAuto and Amazon Prime, with Just Suspension and Advance Auto used with coupon codes I pretty much got costs down to as low as possible. Hell Amazon had one of the front loaded calipers for only $18 compared to $56 for the same on RockAuto.

The big issue with RockAuto is the multiple shipping charges from various warehouses. I could have scored some TRW closeout outer tie rod ends (originally $36 on RockAuto) for $7 each, but the extra shipping killed it... For only $3 more I kept everything Deeza.

So, when all is said and done I will have about $1375 or so into redoing everything. Not so bad overall considering I was quoted $1400 for just changing the timing set from a Nissan dealership. I still need to get an alignment done when I am finished, but overall it will almost be a new car in regards to running gear...