Thread: Da Pack.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

Da Pack.

Well that was a fun game. Word on the street is if we can pull off a win against Pitt we'll get flexed into SNF against the Bears. It would certainly make for a heck of a game!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Well that was a fun game. Word on the street is if we can pull off a win against Pitt we'll get flexed into SNF against the Bears. It would certainly make for a heck of a game!
    It's seems much like providence the way the Lion's lost to the Ravens and the improbable comeback against the cowboys how things are lining up for the Pack.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, injuries build depth and character. I doubt Quarless and Boykin would be developing into the weapons they're becoming without Cobb being out...instead, Cobb would have been overused and breaking down by now.

And I know people whine about the defense, but honestly, it's hard to have a good D when you're constantly defending short fields because of interception throwing or three-and-out behind practice squad, and repeatedly cut qb's. Even with a bad D, all you've got to do is outscore the other team...and with Rodgers in the backfield with Lacy, this seems like a reasonable plan.

Could it be 2010 all over again?
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I'll say it right now....

Not gonna happen.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Most probably put the chances as better than not that the Pack won't even make the playoffs. But...

Their two losses in which Rodgers were healthy were both on the road to who are likely to be playoff teams (San Fran and Cincy...and that cincy one still leaves a bitter taste) even very good teams will have that here and there, no matter what the cliches say ("good teams never X, Y, Z, blah blah blah...."). I personally believe the packers have roughly a 50/50 shot. If they make it, they'll definitely will be a darkhorse contender.

Personally I think it's just nice that a season I had more or less written off suddenly has reason again...and reason to be optimistic, even if they don't make it.

Right now, I think the NFC is wide open...Seattle hasn't convinced me that they're really all that legit. They've played some bad teams far closer than they should have (texas, titans, losing to the colts). I think Denver comes out of the AFC.

IF, and yes, it's a big IF, the pack make it to the playoffs, I have no reason to think "why not us?"
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 12-18-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I'll start out by saying- Glad I'm not a Cowboys fan!

Beyond that, all the pieces are falling into place. If it happens, it happens. If not, it turned out a lot better than it could have with all the players on offense that are hurt.

I don't think that Rodgers goes this week, and I believe Cobb is even a stretch for the Bears game. Hopefully Flynn has a little left in the tank (arm), he'll need it Sunday. Steelers look to be trending up for sure, but had the Bengals not spotted them 21 points in the first quarter that would have been a heck of a game at the end. That's football though.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

Post whore
    If Rodgers comes back for this week's game and or we win. We will go to the Superbowl and win, just like our 2010 season. That season we kinda sucked finished 10-6 but we got hot the last few games. The players were amped up after that win over the cowboys. We have the talented players and with Rogers back they will play like they were before he got injured. Matter of fact our D was ranked pretty high before AR injury. GO PACK!

Looks like Jolly just got put on IR along with Bostik. Both seemed to be coming along. Also lets not forget romo was out almost the entire season in I think 2010 with the same fractured colarbone injury.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Looks like Jolly just got put on IR along with Bostik. Both seemed to be coming along. Also lets not forget romo was out almost the entire season in I think 2010 with the same fractured colarbone injury.
    It was a pinky on his throwing hand and thumb on his non-throwing hand.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Well today we find out if Rodgers is back or not. Also sounds like Cobb may be back. I think the second biggest story of this game will be that ankle on our star RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    It was a pinky on his throwing hand and thumb on his non-throwing hand.
    "October 26, 2010 Romo suffered a fractured left clavicle in the second quarter of the Cowboys' 41-35 loss to the New York Giants at Cowboys Stadium."

:P

Blog Entries
    Ah...the pinky was 2008 :/

And Rodgers was cleared to play!
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post

And Rodgers was cleared to play!

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    should be a great game to watch this sunday!

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Blog Entries
    Or at least a lot better than what we've been watching for a while, lol...

Right now the word is Cobb is likely to play too, though I'd imagine that his playing time would be limited and it would basically be to get him out there and used to the speed of the game before potentially playing in the playoffs.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500