Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooter's Shop

Shooter's Shop

Holy crap, just stopped in there today for the first time in a while. Apparently they didn't get the memo that the panic is over. $2800 for a colt 6920 that everyone else sells for $1200 or so? $649 for an M&P compact?

Their prices make gander mountain look like a bargain.

I can't believe they can stay in business. Must just be the people that don't compare prices.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

http://www.mwshooters.com/

Short drive up 41/45 I have never been happier with prices, rifles laid out with no 17yr old kid dry cycling it to wear out unloaded action before handing it to you. Nobody who doesnt know anything about guns standing over you watching like your gonna kill yourself. Nice people and prices are similar to internet. Most recent purchase was a stainless Marlin 22 with hardwood stock for $149, cheapest I have ever seen.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

shooters shop has always been a fucking joke. They tried to offer me $500 for my custom AR, didn't even ask what was in it. Because they "had to leave room to make money on it".
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post

Short drive up 41/45 I have never been happier with prices, rifles laid out with no 17yr old kid dry cycling it to wear out unloaded action before handing it to you. Nobody who doesnt know anything about guns standing over you watching like your gonna kill yourself. Nice people and prices are similar to internet. Most recent purchase was a stainless Marlin 22 with hardwood stock for $149, cheapest I have ever seen.

X2 on Midwest. They are about 7 minutes from me. They usually have or will beat competitors prices. They even priced matched my two-tone xds for well under $600.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I think I spent 1/2 an hour talking to an employee comparing the .260 to the 6.5x284 as practical hunting and target round, then another employee gatherd and we talked for another 1/2 hr....first gun vendor I ever met who knew as much about ballistics as I do. I was sold then and love going back.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Shooters shop...the place that is against Constitutional Carry and wanted training requirements that were catered to their instructors.

Shooters Shop....Where you're only welcome if you don't ask a question, spend more money than something is worth, and don't fire more than 1 round every 10 seconds on the range.

The owner is a complete douche and so are his minions. I'd only go there if it was the last place on earth to buy guns. Even then its questionable.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Fletcher's isn't bad either. Their prices are still a little high IMO.... But at least they aren't complete pricks.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Fletcher's isn't bad either. Their prices are still a little high IMO.... But at least they aren't complete pricks.
    I would prefer to pay more money for their great customer service. Majority of the time they will straight up tell you if they can match gun prices or not. Sometimes you can find guns cheaper then other local area stores. Usually its a price on a more expensive firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Jerome View Post

I stopped there quick on my way back from door county once. Gotta make it up there again.
    Jamie

Post whore
    Fleet Farms are pretty good on prices too, not everything though. I bought my Taurus Millennium G2 for $60 cheaper than Gander and other local places I checked. Their ammo isn't priced to bad neither. Speaking of ammo, I read in Cabelas sales paper that came today 900 round of 115gr 9mm ammo for $209. That's only .23 a bullet. I can barely make them for that cheap. Probably going to swing up that way this week to grab a box.

Another overlooked price value is outlying Walmarts, if you know what you want some times there sale prices are stupid low.

Just throwing my couple cents in re local gun shops... I think Fletcher's is pretty awesome. Sure you can find stuff cheaper "on sale" at places, online, on armslist, through a few guys on here all of which I obviously still recommend and shop as well but overall their prices are pretty decent what I would call "fair" for a brick and mortar store. The guys there are always friendly and knowledgable without being arrogant. They have a pretty fun pistol league, one of the only places around here that I could find. My wife loves it there she shoots in the league as well and a lot of the guys have been real helpful to her and I. She is a woman of course so its automatic for her lol but Bob the guy that gives lessons has helped me out plenty for free with advice and tips etc. as well.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I've bought a few guns from Fletcher's. Its usually the first place I go to, and its the only indoor range I use.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    The only thing to do at sbooters or fletchers is target shoot. Both their prices are retarded.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I don't shoot at shooters shop anymore. Between the price of range time and the fact I don't like crap flying back at me when other people are shooting, forget them.
    Jamie

Was at shooters a few weeks ago. I'm not super up on prices but they were asking $100-150 more than I paid for my sr40c. I paid $460 out the door at Shortys a year ago, shooters was asking $500-550 for various sr models. The guy there just kinda shouted across the store if I needed anything, I told him I was browsing and he went back to talking to some broad who was possibly working there on her lap top shoping for ugg boots bitching about prices. Last time I was there the dunce behind the counter out of nowhere just starts spouting off about how the holocaust never happened. Its a good place to go to find out what expensive guns cost.

Stopped in there today to ask about and handle some AK's. Walked out out with a 10/22. Good price and good service. Weird.

Must have been an accident. Lol
    Jamie

Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparjim View Post
    My wife loves it there she shoots in the league as well.
    Good to hear... I will be joining their league this month, I shoot at Daniel Boone but their pistol league does not bring much competition. Hoping to see some solid shooters at Fletcher's.

I only shoot indoor if I have too...
    1989 Mustang <--- Stock ; )
    2011 Mustang 5.0 <--- Blown
    2002 Focus <--- Winter beater
    2014 Escape Titanium <--- Family
    2013 Flex Limited <--- Family

Wanderd thru Brew city shooters (old Badger on 43rd?) and Shooters shop last night knowing what .380 pocket pistols cost online and at Cabelas/Gander....holy crap!!! $250 guns for $399-450! A Ruger LCR is just over $300 anywhere, both had $499+ prices! $599 base model AR's for $2100! I understand making a buck but they are finacing the whole mortgage payment with a single sale (that they rarely get I guess).

Went to the new to me Shorty's on 60th st by Greenfield in Stallis and was happily surprised, not box store prices but not horrible and with better selection.Ran into a guy I had met before who shoots long range target, talked balitics for some time and invited to hit range while closed. If I support a local store it will be them, have not looked at Fletchers yet.