I had a moment of weakness and bought a small RC SCT for beating around the house. I was going to buy a 1/16 ERevo, but I was informed that this type of truggy was to powerful for in house racing. And that I should look into a Micro, ie 1/24 or 1/36. So with that being said I bought a Losi Micro SCT. I would love to get into SC 1/10 scale during the winter but I need to stay home and take care of things around the house. And my job requires me to be on call 24/7. So no track days, sorry S&N Trackside.

Now I was told that this really isn't a racing RC truck. But I am noticing a ton of adjustable items on this truck. Shocks, slipper, gears, and preload on coil springs.

After charging my battery pack and running the SCT around the living room I noticed a few thing that I didn't like. One was the gear mesh from the motor pinion and spur gear was way to tight. backed it off to the point that the gear had a slight amount of backlash. This improved the speed a bit. But its still dog slow. I also noticed the radio sucks balls. Nice even in the days of FM they still give out AM radios. I will be taking care of this later. And the turning radius sucks also. At 2 feet my living room isn't big enough.

So I ordered the Losi Brushless kit, this is the one with the ESC, BL motor, and programmer card. But I will be able to use my Futaba R203GF receiver which is a FM Spread spectum radio. And started to tear the truck down to "Kit Form". When I raced RC Dirt circle track it took me 4 days to build a RC10 CE, you know the one gold pan stealth transmission. I polished and lapped the diff rings, chased the threads, trimmed off any extra threads on bolts, and basically blueprinted the car. I still have that car along with the late model body sitting on the shelf in my basement. I never got to run it, but it ran longer and quieter than the one I raced.

So I begain to wonder if the same would apply to a Micro SCT. What if I polished all the metal parts, repacked the diff, placed shims on the bearing hubs, blueprinted the shocks and the list goes on and on.

But now I have a few questions..

What are you guys using for bearing oil? These bearing are really small, almost the size of the bearings in some diffs.

They packed the gear box with a heavy silicon grease, should I go with a light grease? And not pack the diff case with so much of it? Maybe like "green slime".

I am hoping to rebuild this truck into something better than stock. Because stock sucks, and I would like to see how much I could push this little nightmare.