Thread: What to do now?

What to do now?

Good lord, my head is still spinning from yesterday trying to see where Reggie went. Just need to vent a little.

So is it plays or players?

Lots of ways to twist it IMO.

Rodgers obviously doesn't play defense, but if he would have been playing, IMO the O-line would have looked a lot better. The way the Lions had their ears pinned back all game, A-rod would have fired the ball out quick and dinked and dunked them to death to force them out of that heavy pass rush every play. That should have softened up the line and got a little more room for Lacy to run. I wonder if Rodgers is just that much more dominant than Flynn with hot routes that they weren't trying it?

The defense looked horrible from the first snap, so fatigue because of T.O.P cant be an excuse there. I'm sure it made a difference later in the game, but yah. I'm not a defensive coordinator, so I don't know how to stop plays. But is there really no solution for stopping an identical slant play to Johnson time and time again? Then he runs free with no coverage for a TD??

The Packers just look burned out. They had an early bye week. That's not an excuse at all, its part of the NFL and they need to figure out a way to not let that be an issue.

Nowhere did I say that if Rodgers was back in the game that they would have won, but it would have impacted the game in a big way.

Am I wrong in my thinking? What needs to be done with this team going forward?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

And I almost forgot.

Kudos to the Lions. They came with a game plan, and it couldn't have worked any better. They beat the stuffing (no pun intended) out of the Packers and made them look like absolute fools. Jeremy Ross was no exception either.

Wonder if this is what it feels like to be a Vikings fan?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    If there was ever a 'one man team', were witnessing it.

Sad but true. When Aaron w is playing, it doesn't matter if the D gives up 20+ Pts a game. When Aaron it playing, it doesn't matter that the o-line sucks (except for when they do get to him and put him out for 5 weeks). And it's plainly
    obvious that his presence has made the offensive backfield seem better as well.

The d-backs suck
    The linebackers are average
    The d-line couldn't stop a push from a group of girlscouts.
    The o-line can't stop a 4 man front to save their lives.
    Not to mention, this has been some of the WORST coaching to be seen.

Buy yet, all that seems to be overlooked when Aaron is playing. Many, MANY people over the last year or two have reiterated how bad this team 'really' is, and now we are seeing it.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

What to do now?

And another thing....

How Clay Mathews gets pulled 20-30yards deep on the outside against a receiver with no help is beyond me.
    Last edited by Lash; 11-29-2013 at 12:59 PM.

And don't even get me started with Flynn. Now we all know why he was cut twice this year.

Yeah Flynn was good, but ever since he was hurt all the reports say he cant throw anymore...

and....this is what happens when two players are getting like 40% or whatever of the salary cap - and then 1 or both of them are hurt.

and...yes this is what it is like to be a Vikings fan lol. One great offensive player, not much of a defense or other half of offense. Its like playing rock paper scissors and you only get to use a rock.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

I was really waiting for them to just forfeit the last 10 minutes, put tolzein back in, or just run all 2-3 yard rush plays the rest of the game
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

I was finishing up on a set of cylinder heads at the shop, what happened?

Packers like 50 yards Lions over 500 and that's with the Lions coughing up the ball like 3 times. Thats the summary
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    God do I wish they wouldn't have gotten that 56 yard bomb to Jones. Without that play it would have been McCarthys worst game as our coach high I believe it was. Now onto my obersevations.

1) the o-line was terrible before EDS went out. Their was ZERO pass protection resulting in little to no time in the pocket. And also let to the Terrible blocking and our awesome 1.6average yards per carry.

2) the defensive line played absolutely terrible. They say it was players and not the scheme yet the beginning of the year they held up great against the run.

3) pass rush was non existent even when brining more than 4 blitzers. A lot of those big pass plays were when they blitzed and had one on one's in the back field (terrible idea with our terrible defensive backs)

4) honestly I could keep going but it's just to much. Oh and yes Flynn is pretty bad with the bummed elbow but you have to remember there was zero pass protection.

I read a Great article today about a "what if" scenario. The what if was that they fired Capers and promoted their Linebackers Coach Kevin Greene to Defensive Coordinator. That man IMO would no doubt put a fire in the defenses ass.

Oh and there is no way they make the play offs nor do they deserve to be there.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

^ I almost forgot about the nonexistent pass rush. Good call.

It's 50/50 Flynn's fault on the pass protection. If you look at some of the replays, he simply did not see open receivers and held the ball. I don't know if he was trying to be a hero of what, be he needs to get rid of the ball faster or throw it away. And his arms is pretty bad. You can tell whenever he tries to throw deep.

Yeah when he throws deep often it looks real wierd as if he threw it into a 50 MPH headwind the ball just goes out halfway and stalls out mid air and floats to the ground...
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/green-bay-pa....html?lc=Smart

I'm actually kind of glad. The season is shot...even if by some miracle they make it to the postseason. These guys need to dig themselves out of this hole and not let Rodgers be their 'savior'. This is the perfect time to really start doing some weeding out!