Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    He is commercial now and has been for quite some time. He still works on resi from time to time when he is on call though. When he first started, we worked for Trane, then he had his own company for a while until like 89 or so, and now he mostly works on carriers from what I know. I know he works on others but they specialize in Carrier.
    Last edited by Korndogg; 01-21-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    1968 Camaro 383

If you buy one make sure that every possible air leak to your attic is sealed. If not, in the winter humid air will get up there, frost forms on the underside of the roof deck. The melting will obviously cause moisture and after years of use there is your mold. Perhaps some of you people with these units should go have a look up in your attic to see if you have frost.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Attic is double insulated. It's been dry every time I've been up there.
    1968 Camaro 383

JC70SS, yeah the "attic" space here is completely seperated from the rest of the house... So much so it is completely sealed off... Plus, since this place has extensive gabled ceilings on the upper floor, the "attic" is no more than a 6' wide x 15' long x 8' high space above the center hallway in the middle of the house.

I actually wish they would have made that another "room" or storage area since the only thing in there is a vent from one of the bathrooms and the sanitary stack main vent goes through up there... I have cosnidered doing something like that, but it would require building a stairwell in the closet that adjoins that space. And since that closet isn't heated or cooled (no vents or heaters installed in there), it would take a lot of work to install proper heat/cooling/venting in both spaces to make them truely useable...

That "attic" does have the exposed ridge venting above tho, so it ventilates with the outside just fine... All the wallspaces and everything in there is moisture barrier'd and filled with 18" thick bats of insulation...

Oh, and I ordered the redesigned Prestige 2.0 system... It includes an outdoor sensor and 2 duct sensors as well as the equipment interface module. I also ordered up 2 wireless indoor sensors and an internet gateway so all of it can be monitored via smartphone... I wanted to order a eConnect electric baseboard redlink thermostat, but they are unavailable just about anywhere that has reasonable prices, so I picked one up off eBay.

This way I can do my final setup this weekend and be done with HVAC stuff outside of cleaning filters and cells until spring when I have to do the AC system checkup. That should be no biggie since I replaced the contactor, capacitor and condenser fan motor last summer.

About the only thing I *may* add is a UV air purifier...

I was looking at the Honeywell UV2400U5000 UV air purifier setup since it is 24v and would integrate nicely.

Do any of you HVAC experts have an opinion in regards to how well UV purifiers work?