Thread: 17 wsm

17 wsm

Have been wanting one of these since they came out in spring. Saw the ammo at a local Gander store and bought 5 boxes ( no gun just the shells) then one day I saw that Fleet Farm had 10 boxes on the shelf so I got 5 more. So now I have 10 boxes and still no gun to shoot. Had been seeing where more of the rifles were now in stores, so I inquired at my local Fleet store when they might expect one of these 17 WSM and was informed that it would be end of Nov. early Dec. So two weeks ago I get a call that one is on the shelf and I need to get to the store before its sold. I have enjoyed it for the last two weeks but only have been able to shoot two boxes of shell through it so far. I won't get to use it until spring for the early PD hunt in South Dakota. Sure looks good on paper with a 20gr. bullet at 3000fps. Not bad for a rim fire rifle, it just a little faster then the 5mm Remington Mag. that I have been shooting.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    So what rifle did you get and how much?

Its made by Savage and call the B Mag. Suggested retail is around $350. I got my B Mag for $299. It a very new rim fire cartrage so you need to look up the information on the rifle and ammo.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    I did already. Looks awesome!

correct me if I'm wrong, but the b mag is the only rifle made in that cal so far...
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Winchester has a very expensive single in the 17WSM cal. Guys are reaming the T/C 17 barrels and one guy had reamed a H&R. Both of these are single break open rifles. I have a 17 Rosse that I want to have reamed because I realy like it for shooting PD. The Savage will work very nice if I don't get the other one done. I am sure more will come on board at the SHOT show in spring. That's when most of the new stuff will be on display.