Finally getting somewhere

Lower has sat for months, mostly assembled. Picked up the PSA upper with BCG for my birthday and just put the upper together today.

And decided to buck basically ALL of the trends, and build it in 6x45. If you know anyone selling a barrel send em my way.

Also does anyone have the tap and setscrew to make the takedown pin spring and detent captive? I'm sick of having no takedown pin in back and would love to have it for any future stock changes anyway.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Looking good!!! Can't say I've ever seen a 6X45 barrel. I'll keep an eye out!

Type 07/02 FFL - Manufacturer and Dealer of Firearms, including NFA Firearms
    sales@reapertactical.com
    Serial number requests available for RT15 receivers!!
    7% discount for BCM members (one discount applies per item)

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch."

Just picked up a new Savage B Mag. last Friday. Its the new 17 WSM round.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Just picked up a new Savage B Mag. last Friday. Its the new 17 WSM round.
    If that cartirdge catches on I'll be picking one up. Thrilled that they designed a new action around it, but have heard mixed reviews of the action itself.

Picked up the tap and setscrew yesterday at Fastenal, got 4 extra screws so if anyone wants to swap stocks without risk of bending springs let me know.

The dust cover doesn't like opening, do I just need to wear it in, or is there something I sould do to correct? My last upper was slick-sided so this was a non-issue.
    Last edited by Wagonbacker9; 10-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Been shooting my 592 Remington 5mm Mag. since the new centurion ammo came out some 5 years ago. That to had a very special action for a rim fire. Like the 17WSM the 5mm had a 33,000psi action and needed a special bolt to hold it and extact it. I sure like what I have shot so far with it. Would be nice if Savage makes the action and clip for the 5mm. Nothing new as far as the ammo goes it their now just need a new rifle to shoot it out of.