Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Wow now that is impressive.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Kinda neat and all but:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCPo...layer_embedded

4600# Audi Runs 10.9 with a ecu flash.

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE
    Last edited by CannotPost; 10-21-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CannotPost View Post
    Kinda neat and all but:

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE
    The Audi is twin turbo, tuned and race fuel 685hp......... Wouldn't even be close if the c7 had the same setup.... lol... I will be showing you that real soon!! But yes, it is impressive and it should be for 115K
    Last edited by *SNOOP*; 10-21-2013 at 08:39 PM.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    That's actually pretty impressive for a base model C7. Most impressed with that launch on those (not so wide) street tires!

P.S. The Audi comparison is silly.

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by *SNOOP* View Post
    The Audi is twin turbo, tuned and race fuel 685hp......... Wouldn't even be close if the c7 had the same setup.... lol... I will be showing you that real soon!! But yes, it is impressive and it should be for 115K
    The Audi is twin turbo from the factory. On pump gas STOCK is 11.9. Of course a built C7 would be faster. Im talkin bout a 10 second, full weight luxury auto! Did I say its 4600 pounds? Thats pretty awesome.

Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    Lovers: Impressive to say the least. BowTie finally came through...

Haters: For its weight, power (LT1), and cost it better run that. Wait till the 2015 Mustang comes out ; )
    1989 Mustang <--- Stock ; )
    2011 Mustang 5.0 <--- Blown
    2002 Focus <--- Winter beater
    2014 Escape Titanium <--- Family
    2013 Flex Limited <--- Family

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    The Audi is twin turbo from the factory. On pump gas STOCK is 11.9. Of course a built C7 would be faster. Im talkin bout a 10 second, full weight luxury auto! Did I say its 4600 pounds? Thats pretty awesome.
    The S8 is badass, but the comparison is silly. No one cross shops a new S8 with a new Stingray. TOTALLY different cars.

Did you know that a F16 fighter jet can pull more lateral Gs than a vette?
    How about the fact that the Tesla Model S gets 95 MPGe, compared to the Vette's mid 20s... and its 4600 pound, a full weight luxury auto!
    A motorcycle can fit in parking spots 1/3 the length of the Vette.
    A Bentley Flying Spur has more horsepower than a Vette and can seat twice as many people!

By my measures above a Corvette is a pretty poor handling, terrible fuel economy, large, impractical, low horsepower vehicle.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by DNT H8 View Post
    Lovers: Impressive to say the least. BowTie finally came through...

Haters: For its weight, power (LT1), and cost it better run that. Wait till the 2015 Mustang comes out ; )

IMHO the Vette has been the benchmark for a true American sports car for some time.

I will say the S550 Mustang is poised to be awesome. I'm pretty much convinced its going to leap frog the Camaro (even the Alpha based one) in almost every way, and I even think it is going to make the Corvette sweat in its shoes. IMHO it will have a better bang-for-the-buck (value) sports car proposition than anything - including the Vette which has historically been amazing. What I worry about most is Ford's implementation of the IRS and chassis tuning. It hasn't been great in the past, but I know they have the knowledge and ability. The recent family (namely Focus and SRA Mustangs) are pretty good for what they are... so I have my fingers crossed
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 10-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    The S8 is badass, but the comparison is silly. No one cross shops a new S8 with a new Stingray. TOTALLY different cars.

Did you know that a F16 fighter jet can pull more lateral Gs than a vette?
    How about the fact that the Tesla Model S gets 95 MPGe, compared to the Vette's mid 20s... and its 4600 pound, a full weight luxury auto!
    A motorcycle can fit in parking spots 1/3 the length of the Vette.
    A Bentley Flying Spur has more horsepower than a Vette and can seat twice as many people!

By my measures above a Corvette is a pretty poor handling, terrible fuel economy, large, impractical, low horsepower vehicle.
    Yes yes, The buyer for the Audi is not the same buyer for the Vette. The comparison is valid in the spirit of this thread, strictly comparing 1/4 mile times the cars are similar. No one has made any claims regarding lateral Gs, MPG, size or seating positions.

With many 'Impressive' comments about the Vette, I figure that Audi has to be very impressive too. This is just the S8 there is a number of Audi models sporting the new 4.0T engine.
    Last edited by CannotPost; 10-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IMHO the Vette has been the benchmark for a true American sports car for some time.
    no, no, no...you see, the chevy FINALLY pulled through! FINALLY!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I will say the S550 Mustang is poised to be awesome. I'm pretty much convinced its going to leap frog the Camaro (even the Alpha based one) in almost every way, and I even think it is going to make the Corvette sweat in its shoes. IMHO it will have a better bang-for-the-buck (value) sports car proposition than anything - including the Vette which has historically been amazing. What I worry about most is Ford's implementation of the IRS and chassis tuning
    Couldn't of said it better... No matter which side of the fence your on, the anticipation of the S550 is being felt everywhere.

Never mind I'll behave today...
    Last edited by DNT H8; 10-22-2013 at 02:03 PM.

They really have the auto transmission shifting down packed this time!!! Very fun to drive!!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Kinda neat and all but:

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE
    Master Yoda senses the troll is strong in this one.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

No matter how good the S550 Mustang is, it will not be able to shake the uglies, if it looks like the pictures Ive seen of it.

Post whore
    I just seen one of these in person at a gas station coming back from the Crivitz area and imo they are UGLY! Well mostly the rear. Also they are still cheaply made like the C6/5 and 4. By cheap I mean materials and how they are assembled. The rear bumper can be pushed in a lot like the older ones. The interior was the only thing that looked better in quality but it reminds me of the MK4 Surpa dash. Chatted with the owner and he overall liked it but had some complaints. He said some of the interior trim pieces rattled and he also said it felt shifty driving over harsh roads. I kinda understood what he ment. The engines are great but I am not a fan of the leaf spring designed suspension they use. Such old engineering and don't know why GM couldn't come up with something better.
    The QM time is impressive but I'm not a straight line kinda guy nor do I like cars that are common. Would I buy one if I was well off, never, would I drive one that was free, for a little bit then I would sell it and buy a GTR.

Post whore
    I also agree that Audi is way more impressive. It's 4600lbs so it's basically a Chevy truck. Lol.