Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not thinking the point of this thread was to establish what the most impressive thing in the world is...if so, none of these things would be on the list.

But a stock, automatic, pretty basic corvette running 11.6 @ 120 isn't too shabby at all.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    I just seen one of these in person at a gas station coming back from the Crivitz area and imo they are UGLY! Well mostly the rear. Also they are still cheaply made like the C6/5 and 4. By cheap I mean materials and how they are assembled. The rear bumper can be pushed in a lot like the older ones. The interior was the only thing that looked better in quality but it reminds me of the MK4 Surpa dash. Chatted with the owner and he overall liked it but had some complaints. He said some of the interior trim pieces rattled and he also said it felt shifty driving over harsh roads. I kinda understood what he ment. The engines are great but I am not a fan of the leaf spring designed suspension they use. Such old engineering and don't know why GM couldn't come up with something better.
    The QM time is impressive but I'm not a straight line kinda guy nor do I like cars that are common. Would I buy one if I was well off, never, would I drive one that was free, for a little bit then I would sell it and buy a GTR.
    I don't have any rattling in mine..... I think he needs to take that bad baby into the dealer!! I think this is my favorite car by FAR!! A little smaller than my 13 GS but my fat ass sure fits!!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Funny how Ford always bases the standard of performance by what GM does......

Just sayin.

Fuckin leaves off idle!!

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    I'm not thinking the point of this thread was to establish what the most impressive thing in the world is...if so, none of these things would be on the list.

But a stock, automatic, pretty basic corvette running 11.6 @ 120 isn't too shabby at all.
    EXACTLY! I find lots of things impressive, esspecially modified cars however that really doesn't mean anything in the context of a new C7 running a 11.67 1/4 mile time rock stock.

Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    I just seen one of these in person at a gas station coming back from the Crivitz area and imo they are UGLY! Well mostly the rear. Also they are still cheaply made like the C6/5 and 4. By cheap I mean materials and how they are assembled. The rear bumper can be pushed in a lot like the older ones. The interior was the only thing that looked better in quality but it reminds me of the MK4 Surpa dash. Chatted with the owner and he overall liked it but had some complaints. He said some of the interior trim pieces rattled and he also said it felt shifty driving over harsh roads. I kinda understood what he ment. The engines are great but I am not a fan of the leaf spring designed suspension they use. Such old engineering and don't know why GM couldn't come up with something better.
    The QM time is impressive but I'm not a straight line kinda guy nor do I like cars that are common. Would I buy one if I was well off, never, would I drive one that was free, for a little bit then I would sell it and buy a GTR.
    Was just at a track day that had some GM representation and saw the C7 as well. I do agree the rear end is ugly. I really don't know why they did such a change from previous generations... maybe I just need some time for it to grow on me I dunno. In any case I thought the rear end looked just as bad in the flesh as in pictures. The rest of the car looked a little better in the flesh.

However having sat in a few MK4 supras and the C7... The interior really isn't even close in terms of looks or quality in my eyes. The C7 is WAY WAY WAY better, its not even close. They feel multiple generations apart (which they are). The toyo may very well be screwed together better but the overall interior function, design, etc. is worlds apart. The "leafspring suspension" argument is a commonly mis-understood concept. It is a transverse leaf. It is not used because its "old" or "cheap" or anything of the sort. Its lighter than a spring over strut, its lower on the body for lower CG and also inherently acts as a sway bar. Its not like GM doesn't understand suspension or chassis design, they could easily substitute it for a standard spring over coil as in any of their other products but yet it stays. Its the same as the silly "its pushrod so it sucks" argument. GM uses that engine because it has EXTREMELY good power density, great reliability, lower CG, while still maintaining good fuel economy. It doesn't make a million horsepower per liter, but that's just a spec that has no real bearing in the real world, much like the "leafspring suspension" argument.

Post whore
    I said the look of the dash is similar and it is. Far as better quality interior than a Toyota from 93-98 IMO no but if you see it that's way that's fine. In fact it should be WAY WAY WAY WAY better than a 20 yr old Toyota. I sat in this guys vette and like I said the quality is way better than the C6/5 and its about time GM improved them. For years they've been producing vehicles with some of the cheapest interiors I've ever seen. I understand what the leaf is and how its used but IMO they could've engineered something different, they changed almost everything else. If it works why change it kinda thing.
    Finally, I said the time was impressive for a stock auto but I'm not a 1/4 mile guy.
    And yes he was taking his in for the things that bothered him.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The 93-98 supra interior is about as high quality as a 93-98 camry...that's not saying that much actually.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!