Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member..now yer posting! DNT H8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtyKurty View Post
    I'm Jelly. I need to get me one of these.
    It was a pleasure meeting you, and I highly encourage taking the plunge : )
    1989 Mustang <--- Stock ; )
    2011 Mustang 5.0 <--- Blown
    2002 Focus <--- Winter beater
    2014 Escape Titanium <--- Family
    2013 Flex Limited <--- Family

2nd that encouragement. They get even better when its -10* outside lol.

Kinda curious how the tune changes the drive by wire throttle response. One of the things that makes the snow tires bite better is quick modulation of the gas pedal on and off (t/c disabled). This one, stock, doesn't want the engine rpm to change quickly in first gear. So modulating the gas pedal only makes you stay spinning more because the revs don't come down quickly in gear. Curious if a tune would fix this for me and make the car act more like my 04 in that respect. Does your tune have throttle changes done? I assume all non stock tunes correct the blades to match the pedal at all times.

Also, do you get wheel hop on your car? Mine, especially in rain, gets a nasty ass wheel hop to it both with t/c on and off (and also with advancetrac disabled). Ugh.

BTW, a cheap alternative to the $70 rear decklid blackout panel is black plastidip. Mine turned out really nice for about $1.50. Did the little stock lip spoiler too. Just adds a nice touch and its cheap way to "try before you buy", so to speak.

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar
    Mmm modular. Very decent numbers for a stock as a rock engine.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Curious if a tune would fix this for me and make the car act more like my 04 in that respect. Does your tune have throttle changes done? I assume all non stock tunes correct the blades to match the pedal at all times.
    Also, do you get wheel hop on your car? Mine, especially in rain, gets a nasty ass wheel hop to it both with t/c on and off (and also with advancetrac disabled). Ugh.
    You can request that in the tune yes. You could have a 93 performance, drag, and winter tune of sorts. It's only $250 if you already have the SCT tuner.
    I had bad wheel hop stock. After the mods in my sig not a peep of it after. And I have not touched the control arms, most guys loose it once lowered, some just do arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Mmm modular. Very decent numbers for a stock as a rock engine.
    Lol roger.... I'd like to take all the credit, but gotta give it to Ford!

Quote Originally Posted by DNT H8 View Post
    You can request that in the tune yes. You could have a 93 performance, drag, and winter tune of sorts. It's only $250 if you already have the SCT tuner.
    I had bad wheel hop stock. After the mods in my sig not a peep of it after. And I have not touched the control arms, most guys loose it once lowered, some just do arms.
    I wonder if there is other ways to stop the hop. I don't want to lower the car, I want the clearance for deep snow and I have about as big of a snow tire as I'd want to go

I have a tuner but not for this car... I wonder if canned tunes on a purchased tuner would allow me to keep EVERYTHING except the drive by wire part stock. I like the car exactly where its at now power wise.

From my experiences in the past, it never keeps everything stock when you change just one thing.
    Last edited by animal; 10-16-2013 at 01:53 PM.