Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-Triumph View Post
Figured out the problem

The dang ignition switch went bad and was only letting 8vdc to the msd box. Wow. Ran a wire straight fron battery just to check and now ive got good spark. didnt even question the 12v source initially, bc it was fine before. Just a bad coincidence The car still doesnt run lol its avting like its 180deg off but it isnt... Idk wtf im doing anymore lol.

Anyway just wanted to update. Think a few more tweaks and itll run fine. Not exactly sure whats going on but atleast it attemps to start again, just backfires thru carb and dies. Think i need more retard but idk should start... Its all setup tdc @ 1 on compression stroke... So zero advance... Getting frustraded but atleast im getting somewhere
I'm assuming you're doing the basics?
Number 1 cylinder at top dead center on the compression stroke. (pull the valve cover and make sure both lifters are full up position)
If you're engine is degreed then the pointer should be at 0 on the harmonic balancer
Mark on the side of the Dizzy base where #1 wire is located with the cap on. Remove cap.
Install Dizzy into hole and make sure the rotor is pointing at that mark after it seats fully in to the engine. It will rotate about 1/4 turn for the gear and then you turn the rotor until the oil pump lines up with the drive under the gear on the Dizzy shaft. If it's not in the position where you want then with a long screw driver turn the oil pump drive to where the Dizzy lines up at wherever you want it to. (I like the #1 plug wire on the cap to point towards the #1 cylinder)
You should feel 2 distinct drops when it's in place.
Turn the base of the Dizzy to make the rotor and earlier mark on side of Dizzy line up. You will then be at 0°
You should be able to start the car and have it idle smooth at this point. It will not accelerate well though. (Engine will need Advance)
Advance the Dizzy to your recommended setting. (my engine is 40° Advanced at 3000RPM for my cam setup)