Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth is Fast!

Yep, it shoots fireballs!!! stealthy1ss's Avatar

Smooth is Fast!

Laid the smackdown this past Monday and Tuesday at Road America. Watch this video of cars struggling to keep up in the corners!

PonchoNan can you hang?

Looks like some great laps. What times were you running and what was your speed on the straits? you even pulled on the sonic blue roush!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

There is no timing unless you time it out yourself. On the straits I get up to 116 and I can go 104 through The Kink! Not bad for a 170whp car.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    yup he sure did i stood no chance

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Very nice! I need to make it to one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    yup he sure did i stood no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    Very nice! I need to make it to one of these.
    You will make it do a HPDE as soon as you car gets supercharged!

Its the worst butthole pucker I have ever had I think

Post whore
    I hate vids from the back, you should've done a side or front mount so we could see your driving lines better. From what I could tell your lines looked pretty good and we're really putting rubber on the tarmac. I like when guys push their cars at these events. I gotta wait till next year unfortunately.
    Btw Coop, I think you need a couple more lights on the front of your stang. Maybe like a push bar with some KC lights, yellow ones for sure. LOL Also did your brakes get really hot? Probably not cuz you weren't going very fast. Hehe.
    I'll have to see if i still have the vid of my track days and almost hitting a deer on the back straight in my Supra. Wasn't terribly close but that's a fast parts of the track and it sent chills down my spine.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthy1ss View Post

You will make it do a HPDE as soon as you car gets supercharged!
    I don't think it will be that long, lol. It will happen as soon as I can get a few days extra off of work. Hell my future father-in-law runs the campground next to the track and has been asking when I am going to run there.

my brakes got hot as fuck since once the cloud hit i was well over 110 and i could not see shit.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    my brakes got hot as fuck since once the cloud hit i was well over 110 and i could not see shit.
    Hot. You must of been riding them since the pits to get them hot by five. LOL
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Smooth is Fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Waver View Post
    I don't think it will be that long, lol. It will happen as soon as I can get a few days extra off of work. Hell my future father-in-law runs the campground next to the track and has been asking when I am going to run there.
    Who is it and what campground?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Driving looked great - I can most certainly say you do a better job than I at RA! I also do wish you had a forward facing cam, just not as informative from the rear.

Although I will say it was fun to watch the yellow 911 stuggle to keep with you in the twisties... and that red 5th gen was getting its ass handed to it in the corners! But then reality hit that RA is (primarily) a HP track and the big horse stuff just comes flying past

So the setup right now is basically stock powertrain, brake pads, KW v2s, and which tires again? Your abarth with like 300whp would be kicking ass and taking names!
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 06-15-2013 at 10:23 PM.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Driving looked great - I can most certainly say you do a better job than I at RA! I also do wish you had a forward facing cam, just not as informative from the rear.

Although I will say it was fun to watch the yellow 911 stuggle to keep with you in the twisties... and that red 5th gen was getting its ass handed to it in the corners! But then reality hit that RA is (primarily) a HP track and the big horse stuff just comes flying past

So the setup right now is basically stock powertrain, brake pads, KW v2s, and which tires again? Your abarth with like 300whp would be kicking ass and taking names!

The red 5th gen a brand new ZL1. Driver was really nice but first time on the track and he had no clue what he was doing but got a lot better as the day went on. I went around to all the corners of the track and Tyler was driving the wheels off the Ben Abarth
    Last edited by Josepy; 06-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    The red 5th gen a brand new ZL1. Driver was really nice but first time on the track and he had no clue what he was doing and not listening well to instructions. I went around to all the corners of the track and Tyler was driving the wheels off the Ben Abarth
    One would think it would be hint when your ZL1 is getting smoked in the corners by a 500! Def time to start listening to the instruction...

As a side note if it was his first time on track why was he in an intermediate group?

Stock powertrain, Ferodo DS2500 pads, KW V1 coils, and 205/45/16 Toyo R1R's. Car will do 104 in the kink but that is all it has unless I want to kiss the wall or flirt with danger in the grass. Also coming into Canada I am at 115-116mph. If this car had 300whp I would be in A group passing Vette's and Porsche's.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar

Smooth is Fast!

As a side note if it was his first time on track why was he in an intermediate group?
    He was a VIP - you're able to run in any class.

Re: Smooth is Fast!

One would think it would be hint when your ZL1 is getting smoked in the corners by a 500! Def time to start listening to the instruction...

What Ryan said. He. Wasn't wreck less or anything just slow. Plus the car was an auto and shifted sloppy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    2009 Infiniti G37x

The VIP in the ZL1 was a true noob. It was his first FULL track event.

But not a terrible noob, he listened to his instructors and did not make any really dumb mistakes. But just a slow learner. Todd said he was realizing what he was doing wrong by the end of the second day, which is a start.

Im sure he will be much faster by next year.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Hmmm... Money can't buy you love but it apparently can buy you into an intermediate group.

None-the-less great driving Tyler! Very quick considering its a stock Abarth with brake pads, mild suspension, and (very good) street tires.

Wish I had the nuts you do at the kink. I'm a baby I just pussy foot through it