Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SS power

Question Recommend me a Chevy Dealer re: Volt purchase

My potential first dive into a domestic car...I can hardly believe the day has come.

My wife and I are very interested in picking up a 2013 Volt. We qualify for a Costco discount ($750 off invoice, plus current rebates, incentives) and I was at EVS in Saukville this past weekend. I found out that we also qualify for TrueCar pricing through my employer. TrueCar will get me $4300 off MSRP, plus current rebates and incentives (a difference of almost $2400). However, the closest dealer is in Grayslake IL and I'd rather not burn the gas driving back and forth if a local dealer can get me at least close to that pricing. I know a few of you work or have close friends that work at some local dealers. I'd be willing to keep business local if anyone is willing to entertain these offers. Throw me some numbers or email addresses and I will do the leg work. A bonus if you can get me a great contact at Holz Motors because they have my exact configuration in stock.

Side note, if anyone is looking for a great deal on a 2008 Subaru Legacy GT spec.B let me know. http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...(West-Bend-WI) Willing to do a friendly BCM discount for the reference.
    Last edited by murdoc158; 06-12-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Dumping a subby for a Volt? I call drunk post for this but never say it's to early in the morning.
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

SS power
    Quote Originally Posted by SSDude View Post
    Dumping a subby for a Volt? I call drunk post for this but never say it's to early in the morning.
    I'm not THAT drunk!!

Just looking to get into something more fuel efficient at this point. My wife and I will be able to do our M-F commute on 100% electric. Still need the generator for the trips to the in-laws or we'd be looking at a Leaf or Fit.

If you can't live without the high fuel econ i'd go with the Leaf or the Fit. Much more reliable. They can't give the volts away from what i've heard.
    All in all i'd rather do hi efficiency with a 5 minute tank fill up vs. a overnight charging that will be spiking your electric bill. Either way you still burn fossil fuels.
    I'd be loving CNG if the distribution networks existed beyond the city limits
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

SS power
    If you can't live without the high fuel econ i'd go with the Leaf or the Fit. Much more reliable. They can't give the volts away from what i've heard.
    All in all i'd rather do hi efficiency with a 5 minute tank fill up vs. a overnight charging that will be spiking your electric bill. Either way you still burn fossil fuels.
    I'd be loving CNG if the distribution networks existed beyond the city limits
    That's exactly why I want a Volt. I can do my M-F commute for $5 in electricity. Only use gas when I absolutely need it. The whole point is NOT paying $4.50+ a gallon. The Volt has a USABLE 10kWh battery. WE Energies charges $0.138 per kWh($0.07 if I sign up for off-peak charging from 7pm-7am). Assuming I need a full charge, I get 40 miles range for $1.38. A $500 210V charger (or 5 weeks of fuel fill-ups) and I can charge the car in just under 4 hours if completely flat. Since I'd be charging at work (for free) I'd need about 2 hours or less to top off the range.

As far as them not selling, that's the best time to buy them. With my company discount I can get $4300 of MSRP, $4000 Chevy cash back, and $7500 back at the end of the year on my taxes. So the $43,000 Volt costs me $27,000 plus TTL. I've got a friend in Minneapolis with one and he's put just over 1000 miles on the ICE in the year that he has owned it. Yes, the Volt does have a maintenance mode to burn through a tank of gas after 6 months so 2 full tanks of gas per yer if you never use the ICE. A single oil change once per year to keep the oil fresh, and since you mainly use the generator to brake (and thus charge the battery), your brake system could very well last the life of the car without needing replacement.

The Volt is not for everyone I can admit that. If my commute was over 40 miles round trip I'd be looking at a Fit or Prius for sure. Since my commute is within that 40 miles, 95% of my driving will be electric only and I will be saving myself close to $300/month in fuel cost. I've done the math and it works for my situation. If my bank account cooperated I'd already be driving a Tesla Model S.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    nvrmnd
    Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 06-12-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Re: Recommend me a Chevy Dealer re: Volt purchasempg Braeger

Visiting with my Braeger Ford manager buddy today and the C-Max 47mpg cty&hwy is in the Truecar program. Priced on the floor at 25500. Not sure how it would price out thru truecar.
    He mentioned that every volt Braeger chevy they have sold has been back for warranty repair issues.
    Nothing sucks worse than a new car being in the shop.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Visiting with my Braeger Ford manager buddy today and the C-Max 47mpg cty&hwy is in the Truecar program. Priced on the floor at 25500. Not sure how it would price out thru truecar.
    He mentioned that every volt Braeger chevy they have sold has been back for warranty repair issues.
    Nothing sucks worse than a new car being in the shop.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
    One thing that gets me about the C-Max is that no one I have heard of gets the mileage the sticker says.

Sure "your mileage may vary" but when NO ONE can get it that can be an issue... ask Hyundai last they got sued over it.

Pretty clear average around 40mpg, while rated at 47/47
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/2013

Just as a talking point here is the Prius V wagon with an average around the 41/42 mark (drove one, hated it BTW), rated a lower 44/40
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/prius%20v

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    One thing that gets me about the C-Max is that no one I have heard of gets the mileage the sticker says.

Sure "your mileage may vary" but when NO ONE can get it that can be an issue... ask Hyundai last they got sued over it.

Pretty clear average around 40mpg, while rated at 47/47
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/2013

Just as a talking point here is the Prius V wagon with an average around the 41/42 mark (drove one, hated it BTW), rated a lower 44/40
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/toyota/prius%20v
    Interesting site but we all know how individual driving style can influence mileage. One guy gets 53mpg and a pile of them get 35-40mpg. Your right about the general average not meeting the given estimate.
    I know i can push 24mpg@60mph out of the f150 Eco on the highway but if i want to run with the pack at 70mph it drops to 20mph.
    1970 Chevelle SS
    2013 F150 SC 3.5 TT
    1975 CB400F
    2007 FLHTCU

Re: Recommend me a Chevy Dealer re: Volt purchase

4.50/gal? With the local refineries back up in full production it will probably drop well below $4/gal.

Gas is too much of a variable these days to base anything on. I would consider insurance cost over gas prices on whether I should buy another car or not.
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

new and improved
    we sell both ford and chev. i'm the dealer and can make sure you get the best deal. 1-414-899-9809 mark thx

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Plus you have to factor in the ugly factor of the volt lol. Got to be one of the ugliest cars on the road
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Bob the Builder says: 88Nightmare's Avatar

Recommend me a Chevy Dealer re: Volt purchase

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Plus you have to factor in the ugly factor of the volt lol. Got to be one of the ugliest cars on the road
    I don't think they're that bad. Have you seen the Nissan leaf? Cube? Juke? Ford flex? Lincoln mkt?
    Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    All democrats like to work on wood, zing!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take from those willing to work and give to those that are not - Thomas Jefferson
    2008 Yamaha FZ6
    2005 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 duramax

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare View Post
    I don't think they're that bad. Have you seen the Nissan leaf? Cube? Juke? Ford flex? Lincoln mkt?
    Yea you kind got a point. When the competition that is cross shopped is the cube, Prius, etc... suddenly it looks MUCH better.

FWIW I suspect the new plugin focus will be pretty nice.

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Base volt MSRP: $39,145.00
    Dealer Price: $36,404.85
    Preferred Price: $38,193.07 (AKA GMS or Employee without EVA, there is currently no EVA on the Volt)
    Destination: $850
    Cash back offer: $4000

You now have information, shop around.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I just can't be excited about an ugly car for $40k!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-13-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: cuz the cut is not *cute*...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

SS power
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    That incentive has been active the entire month. That's what really got me looking into the Volt.

new and improved
    OK the $5000 rebate is on a 2012 and there are not that many left. I do have 2013's and this is the best deal I can offer.. Most dealers would not do this price. We are one of the biggest volt dealers so we get extra discounts some may not get.

MSRP: $39995.00
    Invoice: $39212.11
    GMS Employee Price: $39043.08
    Dealer Cost: $37254.86
    Heiser's Price: $36999
    GM Rebate: $4000.00 or ($3000.00 & 0% up to 48 months) or ($2000.00 & 0% up to 72 months)
    Your Price: $32999.00 plus taxes and fees

good luck Heiser Chev 1-414-327-2300 ask for Brain or Williams tell them Mark sent you. Price is good till the end of the month then our wxtra xash goes away. if you want a 12 I can see what I can do,

SS power
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKDU View Post
    OK the $5000 rebate is on a 2012 and there are not that many left. I do have 2013's and this is the best deal I can offer.. Most dealers would not do this price. We are one of the biggest volt dealers so we get extra discounts some may not get.

MSRP: $39995.00
    Invoice: $39212.11
    GMS Employee Price: $39043.08
    Dealer Cost: $37254.86
    Heiser's Price: $36999
    GM Rebate: $4000.00 or ($3000.00 & 0% up to 48 months) or ($2000.00 & 0% up to 72 months)
    Your Price: $32999.00 plus taxes and fees

good luck Heiser Chev 1-414-327-2300 ask for Brain or Williams tell them Mark sent you. Price is good till the end of the month then our wxtra xash goes away. if you want a 12 I can see what I can do,
    Thanks Mark, I'll give them a call a bit later today.