Senior Member..now yer posting!

Buying a house...FAST. Any recommendations?

Long story short, the wind and rain have totally destroyed the house I am renting the last two weeks. I was just given 30 days to vacate so that they can re-do the roof, the ceiling and all the hardwood floor. Serious water damage.

I'm sick of moving, landlords, and dumping money into someone else's pocket. With rates the way they are, I'm looking to buy.

Can anyone recommend a lender or realtor? I'm getting advice and talking to as many people as I can right now, I figured this forum would have some good input too. Thanks
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

Looking for Fozy parts Want_Notch's Avatar
    Where are you looking? Call Todd Wage 4148403982 if you are looking for a buyers agent. He also has lenders he works with. Tell him Mike Hetzel told you to call. If you are looking in the West Allis area my girlfriends house is for sale!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2001 Subaru Forester

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Diane Switon at White Oak Mortgage in Elm Grove. She was awesome. She will do everything from finding you a house to setting up your loan. Tell her Mark Wrasse (say it like Rossi lol) sent you. We got our house a little over a year and a half ago and she was great.

910 Elm Grove Rd # 35
    Elm Grove, WI 53122
    (262) 786-7300
    1968 Camaro 383

The realtor I worked with was FANTASTIC.. highly recommend him.

http://www.zillow.com/profile/MarkMarz/
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Thanks guys Location isn't important, looking somewhere between Pewaukee and New Berlin...basically anything west of the city.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Get pre approved. Then start putting offers in on houses. The issue you are gonna have is finding a lender/seller that will be ok with a fast close. The buyer of our house wanted a 20-day close. That added a lot of pressure to not only get packed up and moved but getting all the inspections satisfied, lending paperwork done etc.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Get pre approved. Then start putting offers in on houses. The issue you are gonna have is finding a lender/seller that will be ok with a fast close. The buyer of our house wanted a 20-day close. That added a lot of pressure to not only get packed up and moved but getting all the inspections satisfied, lending paperwork done etc.
    Yeah, this is a lot easier if you have an inspector on standby waiting for your offer to be accepted, and much easier to make the offer pre-approved.
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Yeah, that's why I mentioned my person since they are all in one. You don't have to deal with a lender and a realtor separately. They might be able to get shit done quicker.
    1968 Camaro 383

Landmark C.U.
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

Yeah, I know jack about lending... perks of working for the bank, that is basically done for you. lol
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

Shop around kind of like looking for a car. Cheapest not always the best.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    This. Definitely get pre-approved. It makes the process that much easier, plus most relators won't work with people that aren't pre-approved, unless you are paying cash.

When we bought our house it was a minimum 30 days (according to our mortgage broker) then the people selling the house had problems finding/getting approved for a house and tried to push us off another 30+ days. At that point we had already waited 75 days to get into the house and had given our landlords notice. Luckily we explained that to them and they moved out and got an apartment for themselves until they found a house.
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    If I must be honest... buying a house really isn't something that should be done fast. In addition even if you want to do it fast something can always come up from the inspection to underwriting to closing that will push out your deadline.

You may want to consider finding something month to month. I know its a pain to have to move twice but then u can take it slower and get the place you really want without having to rush into things.

... and yes pre-approval would be the first step.

Yes, thanks for the input. I should mention that the landlord is willing to work with me, I'm pretty sure I can get another 30 days out of her, so that leaves about 57 days to knock this out. This should be enough time to move quickly without rushing into something and missing something big.

Finding an apartment is definitely still on the table, depending on how things go, but hopefully we won't have to do that! I've got all my tax documents together and we're meeting with a few lenders this week.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

Look at bankrate.com

Randy Pittser 262-787-4316 at Johnson Bank on North Avenue in Brookfield. That guy helped me a TON, even years before I bought my house, then with the home loan, then with my refinance. Last I checked their 30 year fixed was 4.00% Tell him Ben Farrell sent you.
    GM World Class Certified Technician