Quote Originally Posted by awsomeears View Post
95 TA

You have got to be a Engineer of some sort !!!
How did you guess?

Yeah, I used to be an Advanced Systems Engineer for automated manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, logistics, IS/IT and real-time systems including all aspects such as networking, protocols, hardware (servers, client-side, RDTs, etc), software (OSes, databases, dozens of computer languages, thousands of apps, etc), systems interfacing, user-experience, toolsets, servers, middleware, clientside, etc, etc... Owned my own corporation for a short while as well, so I am used to the deep-end of the pool on both the politically heavy executive side as well as the design, engineering, coding, test and implementation side too... Been doing computers, both hardware and software, professionally for about 25 years.

Not quite an electrical engineer, but I can hold my own (so I can read schematics and do troubleshooting and repair stuff, not so much on the design engineering side)... Basically everything you need to know to be onsite and not need other people to get the job done in a pinch... Or, at least be able to determine who you really need to get the job done if it is beyond what I can do (which in some political situations is a matter of NOT doing what you can so the "assigned" and "proper" people can get the job done to someone elses satisfaction).