A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the newest Packers...

...Is a local from Greendale.

Ben Ericksen, class of 2008.

Signed as an undrafted free-agent free-safety out of Illinois State. That's not quite as good as being drafted...but better than only being invited to tryout.

Measurables:
    6-1, 195lbs
    40: 4.38(low)-4.52(high) (would have been #1 for safeties at combine, which was 4.42)
    reps @ 225: 17 (would have tied for 7th)
    vertical: 36 1/2" (would have tied for 9th)
    broad jump: 10'02" (would have tied for 12th)
    Shuttle:4.22 (would have tied for 11th)
    3 cone: 6.85 (would have been 7th among safeties)

ranked 16 out of 90 FS's eligible to draft.

Was the only safety the packers signed so far...so this improves his chances of finding a place on the squad. Likewise, the fact that he only recently made the switch to defense...so he still has a lot to learn, meaning he still has considerable potential to grow. He did not even play defense in high school for a non-platooning team at GDHS...fairly impressive that he finished #4 in the country in interceptions given his inexperience.

Highlights as a receiver at Greendale:

highlights from ISU (he's #7):

Also has good potential as a special teams player. Averaged 27 yds per return during his sophomore year at ISU.

Obviously I am biased, as I've worked with the kid for 4 years at Greendale, as well as providing guidance/medical advice whenever he asked while away at school. But let's face it...as an undrafted free agent, the cards are stacked against him. But he's a good kid and a great athlete, with decent size and very decent speed for a FS, almost quick enough to be a corner, and a late comer to the position. I'm hoping that he'll have a decent shot because of potential/stats to at least garner a practice squad position, or perhaps even make a go of it as a special teams player who gets a chance to learn the pro-game. He's a good kid and a hard worker...wishing him tons of luck!

He's come a long way from the 110lb kid who was a back-up QB on the freshman FB team...I mean, he couldn't even wear his gear correctly he was so small, lol. It'll be a great story if he makes it.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 04-29-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Saw this on the front page of the sports section today. Best of luck to him.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, he swung by to visit yesterday...one of the first things he said was he didn't like that article, lol (he implied that his tone in the interview and the tone of the article came off very very differently). Oh well, hopefully he makes it past this rookie camp and has more opportunities to speak to the press
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

thanks for the information given so much to know about this article
    Informasi akan Toko Cincin Kawin dengan penawaran harga murah serat produk yang istimewa