Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does it look like this house has a basement?

Doesn't appear that way. I didn't think many houses near water have basements to begin with.
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Re: Does it look like this house has a basement?

Not sure but for what it's worth the house next door looks to have a basement.
    Last edited by Nix; 04-09-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Re: Does it look like this house has a basement?

I would say it does. In the second pic you can see the intake/exhaust for the furnace and dryer which are at the height suggesting they are in a basement. If it's a full basement is another question.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedPony View Post
    I would say it does. In the second pic you can see the intake/exhaust for the furnace and dryer which are at the height suggesting they are in a basement. If it's a full basement is another question.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    that and the 3rd picture seems to have a big slab.....

Type in the address on Google, There is a site called trulia that has information and Zillow is another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Nightmare
    its always winter on bcm!

If it does I would guess you would find a body.

I'd guess from the pics no basement because there are no windows...
    Thanks,
    Joe Reichard
    2007 Saab 9-5 Aero
    2010 Saab 9-3 2.0T 6-Speed Manual... It's my wife's and she lets me drive it from time to time...
    2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible
    1995 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I suspect it has a crawlspace in part of it. The house has a lot of bad grading.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

If you go to the tax assessor's website for the city it is in and search for the tax bill it will usually say what size if any basement it has.
    GM World Class Certified Technician

Furnace PVC in and out have to be pitched to the furnace, so either its a full basement or crawl space, furnace is 40-48" tall + plenums, if layed on its side still 3' tall for proper installation..
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    - More naked bitches

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Probably a crawl space.

Full basement.

Pic 2 shows venting for furnace and dryer. Dryer would not be in a crawl space.

Pic 3 show 2" rigid insulation extending to top of foundation.

Run from lake to building looks significant and so does rise in elevation from water to structure.

Full basement is my bet.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Post whore
    That house looks to be built on a concrete slab foundation. The houses I've seen like that, they run the pipes in the concrete. It has a utility room for the HVAC and Waterheater. If it was a full basement by code it would have to have windows and if it had a crawl space you still would have 12-14 inches of the foundation above grade by code. The grading around that house is horrible.
    The whole no basement by water idea is false, I've been it many that were 20-30 feet from the water.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CATNHAT View Post

Pic 2 shows venting for furnace and dryer. Dryer would not be in a crawl space.

Pic 3 show 2" rigid insulation extending to top of foundation.
    A house with a first floor utility and a furnace in the basement will look the same as the pic posted.

Also, I don't thing that's insulation. It almost looks like a ledger board to me. You can see the dirt tuck under it in spots.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I have nothing of interest to add, except im interested in why one would need to know this? haha

DRIVE A HYBRID MY MUSTANG NEEDS YOUR GAS

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I think that is a ledger board that was added to the rim joist in preparation for a deck that was never added.

In the 90s it was popular to put the furnace in the crawlspace through the floor of a closet.

There appear to be no vents (which is a bad idea for a crawl space) and there appear to be no windows. So, I doubt it has a full basement. It may have a basement in the middle of the house for the mechanicals. However, I suspect it has a crawlspace in most of it with poured slab in other parts. Terrible grading and no gutters would lead to a pretty wet basement and I see no sump pump discharge.

There aren't enough pictures.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    Go ask the neighbor ??

I think the house is going to auction and may be sold without being able to tour it (not that I would buy it without touring though). Construction was ever finished on this house. I think it was intented to have a porch or deck wrap around the front, right side and rear of the house. The basement thing is really confusing me. Some spots looks like it has it and other areas look like you can see the dirt under the slab. I know windows in a basement are not required and having a basement near a lake is pretty common. Here a picture of the rear of the house.

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010030...57906811304581

Its also not listed in the tax reccords. I think it may have been a menards kit house.

I found the answer (but not exactly sure what it means). Basement: Partial; W/Crawl Space