Thread: PCM Reprogram?

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar

PCM Reprogram?

I have a friend looking at buying a newer Chevy truck, 08+, but he is concerned with the Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management system. Is this something that can be reprogrammed out of the computer or is he stuck with it? He does have an Edge programer already for the 5.3L but I am unsure of its capabilities in tuning to that extent. What can you guys do, if anything?

PCM Reprogram?

Yup those functions can be switched off essentially. Cam timing can be locked at a base setting. Lots of improvement in the way the 6 speed auto shifts can be had too
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve

Re: PCM Reprogram?

Quote Originally Posted by outlawgibbs View Post
    I have a friend looking at buying a newer Chevy truck, 08+, but he is concerned with the Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management system. Is this something that can be reprogrammed out of the computer or is he stuck with it? He does have an Edge programer already for the 5.3L but I am unsure of its capabilities in tuning to that extent. What can you guys do, if anything?
    Tom will be doing my 2011 here shortly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Thanks guys