Assault weapons ban dropped..shocker!

Back to $699 Sportical AR-15's, $899 AR-10's.

Im so shocked...again! Wish I could have saved the money I made on selling AR's for more guns
    instead of remodeling house this year

So you have 4 years to look for killer deals (thanks Coops brother for the $99 complete lowers!) on "assault"
    type guns before the sellin for a killin starts all over! Extra thanks to Cabelas on those $659 on sale Sporticals,
    you guys made my kitchen look AWESOME!
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

Yeah most of us are pretty sure they will never pass anything as crazy as Feinstein's... Its not totally dead yet, they just rejected adding it to another bill. It could still try on its own but I doubt highly it would be even close to passing, I think I saw it only had like 35 supporters. That's the great news takeaway here I think - even many Democrats don't support the crazy gun control bills, and it was indeed a Democrat that rejected it even.

So, I am still quite sure SOMETHING will get jammed through, but it will most likely be some watered down version much like the old "ban" or something.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Re: Assault weapons ban dropped..shocker!

So, I am still quite sure SOMETHING will get jammed through, but it will most likely be some watered down version much like the old "ban" or something.
    You say that like you're ok with it. You shouldn't be if you are. People are acting like this bill not leaving committee means the coast is clear and everything is fine.

! Its not.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is still open to being added again as an amendment to the general gun control bill when it hits the floor, which is what is openly being encouraged by the WH...The general bill will likely have to do mostly with background checks.

I would not be surprised to see this happen, because it can then be voted to be added on, up/down by the whole senate. Some feel that this may force the hand of many on the fence, or more accurately, those who would rather not have to vote, and/or be subject to being whipped into line via their party. Reid didn't want to kill it on principle though; he wanted to kill it because he gets that it's a political loser.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    You say that like you're ok with it. You shouldn't be if you are. People are acting like this bill not leaving committee means the coast is clear and everything is fine.

! Its not.
    Well simple fact is in the current political and media climate they are going to get SOMETHING. So yes, if it is something like the 94 ban (where I could still buy pretty much anything I wanted anyways), background checks, etc then yes I am much more ok with those comprimises than a Feunstein tyoe ban everything, pay to register everything and turn em in when you die, etc type of bill.
    96 Viper GTS Underground Racing Twin 78mm Precision turbos, Proline 510 stroker-1483RWHP
    73 Challenger Bickel Chassis, Indy 572 HEMI-860HP
    67 Plymouth Fury Police Pursuit, Indy 505-600HP
    94 Stealth RT/TT built 6G72, 13G, FMIC
    75 Trailduster 440 Convertible
    92 Galant VR4 #848
    04 Neon SRT4 Mods!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    No they dont have to get anything,if people would take this to their congress people. Fuck Obarfma

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    No they dont have to get anything,if people would take this to their congress people. Fuck Obarfma
    The likelyhood of stopping a private sale background check law from passing is unlikely. It also seems that (at least according to polling) in general people are in support of it. If they enforce the law correctly, I'm in support of it too. Unlikely though that is..
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car