Window recommendations?

My wife and I just bought a new house which has a detached garage that will be used to store my toys . The plan is to to insulate then put up osb board for the walls. There are two windows, about 44 x 23 which are in good shape but really innefficient looking as the lower half is thin glass that can be opened like a vent with 3-4 strips of glass running horizontally that open/close. I'd like windows that can slide open with a screen on one side but much more air tight when closed. I'm open to the idea of doing it myself (never replaced a window in a building) but thought I'd ask what companies or people might come recommended. There is a budget to follow for sure, windows can be pretty basic. Figure I should do these before proceeding to insulate and put walls up .
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quality windows in butler. Great product and service, family owned.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

For a garage get the single hung energy efficient windows from menards, less then 100 each. Installing them is easy, YouTube it
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Post whore Lawn Pac Champion Irish's Avatar

Window recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    For a garage get the single hung energy efficient windows from menards, less then 100 each. Installing them is easy, YouTube it
    This. You really can't beat the price point of a cheap vinyl, double hung window. They are ridiculously easy to install.

I have pella Basics on my rear garage, its wood and tough !

Probably no more then $400 each

But really anything at menards should be fine for a garage, home I would get a little better but hey anything is better then single pain !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

Thanks guys, I looked on removing/installing myself, not quite sure how these are held in but hoping to swap from the inside. Am hoping to do it myself but good to have a backup plan.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

I used the menards single hung in my house and I'm happy with them. 10x better then what I had and its what I could afford . I will volunteer my assistance in installing if your doing it when it's warmer outside

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Thanks man, I'll see what happens and yea, I plan to attack the project when it finally warms up . If I measured correctly the windows are 44x23, not sure how that works if its not a size I see listed.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

20 bucks more and you can order them in whatever size you want at menards, takes 2-3 weeks

Best bet is to Pre-measure and order, the materials you will need to make " there " sizes work will equal more then $20 and the time you save !!!
    HVAC...
    Neons...
    House music...

- More naked bitches

We went with Window World for replacing our garage and basement window. Very happy with the work and quality!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Yep Jeld-Wen windows from Menards are a bargain. Like everyone else has said, super easy to install. Make sure you measure correctly and then order. Great project to tackle on a weekend. Menards can also order sliders and crank outs also if needed
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

The windows I just ordered are sliders, but $236 each, yikes. I budgeted maybe $150 each, whoops. Good thing there is the 11% rebate right now I guess.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Take a picture. It might be easier to do than you think.

I have found Home Depot windows to be nicer. I used some in my chicken coop.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.