She's Back in Action Cutlass Queen's Avatar

Arrow Bolt on Extended Swingarm Questions

Need help and opinions again. Looking at a few options for bolt-on extended swing arm extensions and I'm torn between 2 kits. I know once you extend the swing arm, I'll need to buy a longer chain and brake line, but I noticed 1 kit has the option of including a brake hanger support where the other kit doesn't. It states that the bracket is included so no modifications need to be made to the stock brake torque arm - but my question is, is it necessary? I do have the kit for lowered peg kit on the frame but that's about it.

Kit 1 has just the extensions and bracket where Kit 2 has the extensions, brake line, and chain included but no bracket. Thoughts?

Kit 1:
    http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/y...0a2872blrc.htm

Kit 2:
    http://www.shopmyrtlewest.com/Kawasa...oe-ka-101k.htm
    "Just Deal With It" Racing

Not to be negative but for the prices of those extensions have you looked for a used extended swingarm for your bike? I am not a fan of extensions so I bought a used 6" swingarm for my hayabusa for $450 shipped. Otherwise the torque arm they speak of must be exclusive to your bike because none of mine have that.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

I was wondering how much harder it was to swap a swing arm than it is to install/remove extenders... I'm not bike expert, but it can't be THAT much can it?
    2006 M6 QSM GTO SOLD
    1993 Chevy K2500 SOLD

2004 Chevy Tahoe - Kid Hauler
    1999 Camaro Z28 - Traded
    2008 G8 GT - 'Dad' car

A swingarm swap is pretty easy. Once the plastics that are in the way are removed, there isn't much to it.
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo
    12 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
    04 Pontiac GTO
    72 Pontiac GTO

I never really looked into finding a used extended swingarm. Ill have to look into that. Im more or less unsure if I really need that bracket either way

torque arm is used to react caliper torque when the caliper is mounted to the axle rather than the swingarm itself.... can't remember how your bike is setup..

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    A lot of the older bikes had an arm that ran the length of the swingarm and attached the the caliper. This arm is needed or your caliper will spin on the axle the second you hit the brakes locking up the rear tire. Extentions are not bad but I would look for a used arm. Depending on what kind of bike you have will say how hard that'll be

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    the hard part for D will be finding a used swing arm for that year ZX6. You'd have to see first if any of the other bikes interchange between hers and a ZX9 or ZX10 for instance.

While the work would be about the same, and the real swing arm would be "safer", it might not be an option or a long road towards finding one. Its not a busa where you can toss a rock and find a used swing arm, haha

www.psychobike.com/forums

that site will be your best bet. register and post up in the WTB section and search the classifieds. Its a drag bike specific site so they'll have a ton of stuff.

As for the two options, the $400 option to me is the better deal. The including of the ZZZ chain and the brake line is a good deal. I think the chain(atleast the last time I looked for a street chain was $150-200) and the brake line has to be $50-60

another site to try is www.schnitzracing.com

they are over in Indiana and usually if the part is in stock, and i order early enough, it arrived the next day if they were on top of their orders for the day.

Don't know if they have ZX6 parts though

my GSXR600 I had I put extensions on simply so I could remove them if i wanted to do a track day that wasn't drag racing, haha. easier to change that then a swing arm back and forth

cad that shit up...
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

I started searching for used swing arms and so far had no luck which is part of the reason I thought of the extensions. Chris I was thinking the same thing on the kits but that kit doesn't have that bracket and it concerned me. Ron im sure it cost a ton to CAD it up...