1911: Sig vs. Kimber

Looking for a 1911. Found a Kimber that I fucking love, but it has a rail on it. I don't want a rail on a 1911. I want a traditional looking 1911 in stainless, not looking for the newest space age tacticool sandflea piss colored parkerized finish. They had a Sig Scorpion that felt great, but was ass ugly. Any Kimber dealers in the area besides Shooters? I browsed there today and it was the last straw, I will never go there again. The guy behind the counter telling me jokingly, but in a testing-the-waters-lets-see-how-this-pans-out joking tone, that the Holocaust never happened. Nope, you're not getting a commission off of me, and any dolt who would hire you isn't getting my money either. And he kept going on and on that stainless steel metal costs more than regular metal. And that night sights totally make that gun worth $100 more. OK, rant over, back on topic. I'm knew to 1911s, and have a hard on for one and am looking for input from those in the know because I'm unsure what to look for. I'm leaning towards the kimber or the sig because i know them to he quality, reputable makes; and they had the best feeling checkering on the front and back straps. Nothing felt really good to me without checkering on the front strap.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    1968 Camaro 383

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    check out the sig tacops stew it is awesome,i would go sig on a 1911 all day just my own opinion

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Flip a coin. They're both great.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Re: 1911: Sig vs. Kimber

Don't like that tacops, coop. I want stainless. I might go and have this kimber Im hot for on hold until he keys his shipment of sigs in and see what he gets. Might head up to gun world and cabellas in the mean time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

BCM Cruiser
    Dam Road Gun Shop in Delavan has a bunch of Kimbers of various models in stock. It's a bit of a drive but should be worth it. They have a website that lists some of the stuff they have.

Have you looked at Springfield's? I haven't had mine for that long but it seems like a fine gun.
    '14 550 M-Sport
    '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I'll look on their website, but it'd have to be a screaming deal. Two round trips to delivan is at least four hours of fucking around.

Senior Member..now yer posting! Bart H's Avatar
    What about Midwest in Lomira?

What of them?

I personally have a hate for kimbers, not because their junk, but every wealthy toolbag who has to have a 1911 has a kimber, and it sits in the case un-touched, only brought out to be shown off in a dick measuring contest that they still will lose.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman WI View Post
    I personally have a hate for kimbers, not because their junk, but every wealthy toolbag who has to have a 1911 has a kimber, and it sits in the case un-touched, only brought out to be shown off in a dick measuring contest that they still will lose.
    Wrong. My dad and father in law both have one. They get shot all the time. They both even have the .22 conversion for them which is a blast to shoot as well.
    Have you had someone show you one and say they do not shoot it.
    Last edited by Josepy; 02-11-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I know this isnt true for everyone, but its happened with a few kimber owners ive delt with/have known. They bring it out of the case and it has no wear on it at all, and they said they had it just cuz they wanted an expensive 1911, just to have. It gets annoying real fast. To the ones who shoot them, more power to you, its a gun, your supposed to shoot it!

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    Wrong. My dad and father in law both have one. They get shot all the time. They
    both even have the .22 conversion for them which is a blast to shoot as well.
    Have you had someone show you one and say they do not shoot it.
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

I know this isnt true for everyone, but its happened with a few kimber owners ive delt with/have known. They bring it out of the case and it has no wear on it at all, and they said they had it just cuz they wanted an expensive 1911, just to have. It gets annoying real fast. To the ones who shoot them, more power to you, its a gun, your supposed to shoot it!
    I could never justify buying an expensive gun and not shoot it. That is insane. They shoot awesome. Hoping to have one of my own this year. I need an over and under and a new muzzle loader first.
    Next time you see them tell them I will buy the gun from them. LOL
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Haha, Deal! Yea the only gun i have that i spent alot on and haven't shot is my BCM/Colt M4 Clone. Its a clone of the rifle i carried last deployment, kind of a sentimental thing.. I had a Taurus 1911, it was a POS, but i only spent $400 on it, next will be a SA Loaded 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    I could never justify buying an expensive gun and not shoot it. That is insane. They shoot awesome. Hoping to have one of my own this year. I need an over and under and a new muzzle loader first.
    Next time you see them tell them I will buy the gun from them. LOL
    2011 Legacy
    Grocery Getter

Haha, Deal! Yea the only gun i have that i spent alot on and haven't shot is my BCM/Colt M4 Clone. Its a clone of the rifle i carried last deployment, kind of a sentimental thing.. I had a Taurus 1911, it was a POS, but i only spent $400 on it, next will be a SA Loaded 1911.
    I had a SA loaded 1911. Was not a fan of it. Was not as nice of quality and did not shoot as clean as the Kimber did IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    2009 Infiniti G37x