Thread: Ice Fishing

Ice Fishing

Anyone hit the ice yet? I was out on Wind Lake yesterday not much action. Anyone having any luck?

I went out this morning for the first time this year. Went to the kettle on nagawicka. Punched 4 holes, found the best one, punched another next to it and didn't move for 4 hours. Caught 35-40 gills, kept 12. Made them fresh for dinner since the kids were asking. The funny part is, all the fish were caught on 1 jig. I had my other pole 16inches away, tried 8 different jigs on the 2nd pole, not a single nibble. Even threw on the next size bigger jig since I didn't have another of the small one, and still nothing. 5-6 inches of ice in the kettle
    "LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"

'95 Rio Red Cobra 347 stroked SOLD!!
    '73 Mach 1 351 2v mostly stock
    '07 Harley Davidson Nightster 1200XLN SOLD!!
    '06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)
    '03 Ford F150 XLT FX4 (DD)

Going this weekend, just havent decided where.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Was out on Little Muskego this morning. Have some pics but they wont uploaded so all you get is a description. About 25 nice crappies. 3 nice Pike 34, 36 and 42 inches.

Nice work! What did the crappies bite on? I think i'm going to go to Fox lake tomorrow to fish overnight for walleyes. I've only been there once before and it's a 2 hour drive so....hopefully I'll have some fish to clean when I get home. Then on the 11th, I'm heading to Little Bay Du Noc with a couple buddies to try for some trophy walleyes. I'm pretty damn excited to do that, just a little concerned about the ice thickness on the big lake. It can get really dangerous in a hurry.

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)

Quote Originally Posted by 73MACH View Post
    Nice work! What did the crappies bite on? I think i'm going to go to Fox lake tomorrow to fish overnight for walleyes. I've only been there once before and it's a 2 hour drive so....hopefully I'll have some fish to clean when I get home. Then on the 11th, I'm heading to Little Bay Du Noc with a couple buddies to try for some trophy walleyes. I'm pretty damn excited to do that, just a little concerned about the ice thickness on the big lake. It can get really dangerous in a hurry.
    A jig with a Wiggler

Went to Fox lake 2 nites ago and got no flags, kept 9 crappie.

'06 GMC Envoy (wifes DD)

So much for this thread... Thought WI was suppose to be cold... That John Denver was full of Cr@p