Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar

4pk CFL Bulbs at Home Depot for $2.97

Just a heads up if anyone is looking to save money on their energy costs that Home Depot has 4pks of Ecosmart 60W equivalent CFLs (14w) for $2.97. I used these same bulbs in my last house and they were great. Light output is better than the GE CFL. Instant on. At $2.97, this is the cheapest I have seen then. I have been waiting for a deal and I bought 12 packs of them and replaced every bulb in my house. The nice thing about these bulbs is the shape is just a tad smaller than the GEs...so they fit under ceiling light globes, in smaller wall fixtures etc. The have the 40w candleabra base 3pks for $5.97 also which again is a great price. Compared to Menards $9.97 for a 2pk. These fit great in ceiling fans etc.

Just wanted to pass this along.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Remember, you cant dim a non dimmable CFL with it being rated for doing so and a dimmer that is rated for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Just a heads up if anyone is looking to save money on their energy costs that Home Depot has 4pks of Ecosmart 60W equivalent CFLs (14w) for $2.97. I used these same bulbs in my last house and they were great. Light output is better than the GE CFL. Instant on. At $2.97, this is the cheapest I have seen then. I have been waiting for a deal and I bought 12 packs of them and replaced every bulb in my house. The nice thing about these bulbs is the shape is just a tad smaller than the GEs...so they fit under ceiling light globes, in smaller wall fixtures etc. The have the 40w candleabra base 3pks for $5.97 also which again is a great price. Compared to Menards $9.97 for a 2pk. These fit great in ceiling fans etc.

That is a good deal on CFL. the cheapest I have seen them was $1.00 for 75 watt equiv. at ACE. Switched all of my non-dimmables and my bill has gone down.

I am switching to LED as soon as they drop a little in price. Getting ready to perform an audit on large commercial multi-family projects to determine ROI.

Right now the LED guys are saying electric should be around 7/kwh with LED.

Will post findings.

side note: spell check is nice upgrade to the forum. Their gows 1/2 of stews argumints.

2005 Roush Sport, 2009 F-150 PLATINUM SCREW
    You can get your Ford in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Best deal I've seen on CFL's are the 6 packs at lowes for 10 bucks that come with a $10 lowers voucher that you can redeem at lowes OR hole depot so free bulbs basically
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

The $1 days deal at Ace was good but I actually prefer these Ecosmart bulbs to the GEs they carry at Ace. I did use those at my last house and they worked well. The 60W equivalent Ecosmart bulbs are much brighter than the GE 60W equivalent FWIW

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    Yeah I picked up 5 packs of these after seeing this thread and I agree, they are brighter. It's still a very nice warm light also.
    1968 Camaro 383

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I've been slowly switching to LED. I have about 30 CFLs I'm not using (used to have a much bigger house 7-8 years ago). All lights that are on all the time, with the exception of the 12 32w T8s in the kitchen are now LED. It's hard to find enough lumens in most LEDs.

Best part about LED is that they're instant-on (CFL instant-on do turn on immediately but still take a minute to warm up) and they don't break. They're great for trouble lights and garage door lights.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

LED is still too pricey for the return you get. CFL bulbs ftw. Cheap, use little power and save you money.
    Pretty easy to recoup the cost at $2.97/4pk

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    If you work for the power company you get your electricity for free.

Just kidding. Or am I?

Most CFLs suck. Feit are probably the worst. An instant-on dimmable CFL costs about the same as a dimmable LED on sale. I wouldn't buy LED for intermittent use (closets, hallways) but in the dining room, kitchen, and living room it makes sense. I've also started to put in LED can lights. Not code, but they make good under-eave lights for in front of the garage.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    These can be had at the Costco for $0.59! Love it, bought 4 boxes for under $2.50!

That's awesome! Nice score! I have replaced every bulb in the house with these and bought 2 additional packs for spares. I'll be looking for LED bulbs now for my outside coach light and garage light fixtures. Haven't found any deals yet.

I got some 4-packs at Home Depot last week for $1.98. Thats the first time I remember seeing them under .50 a piece so I bought a few packs.
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by JaMichaels View Post
    These can be had at the Costco for $0.59! Love it, bought 4 boxes for under $2.50!
    I gotta go there now lol
    2002 F150 supercrew- st8 pipe, SCT-3 w/custom tunes
    1999 Yamaha RoadStar Silverado
    2002 Honda vtx1800 - exhaust, programmer, hypercharger, lowered
    97.5 Regal GS - some small mods. (Grandpa's Sleeper)
    52 MG TD Replica VW powered ​FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by WI_Dave View Post
    I got some 4-packs at Home Depot last week for $1.98. Thats the first time I remember seeing them under .50 a piece so I bought a few packs.
    I saw this too, even better deal. I bought my spares at this price. Mine are working great so far, nice and bright. Much brighter than the horrible Phillips CFLs

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.

Just awesome information and I am glad you shared it... i will surely get them very soon and pass on my short review.. Thanks again

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EduardoLane View Post
    Just a heads up if anyone is looking to save money on their energy costs that Home Depot has 4pks of Ecosmart 60W equivalent CFLs (14w) for $2.97. I used these same bulbs in my last house and they were great. Light output is better than the GE CFL. Instant on. At $2.97, this is the cheapest I have seen then. I have been waiting for a deal and I bought 12 packs of them and replaced every bulb in my house. The nice thing about these hid kits is the shape is just a tad smaller than the GEs...so they fit under ceiling light globes, in smaller wall fixtures etc. The have the 40w candleabra base 3pks for $5.97 also which again is a great price. Compared to Menards $9.97 for a 2pk. These fit great in ceiling fans etc.

Just awesome information and I am glad you shared it... i will surely get them very soon and pass on my short review.. Thanks again
    It really helped so thanks again

I just bought a couple of ace brand 13 watt cfl bulbs from ace hardware in west allis for under $2 a pack of 5
    In need of your used motor oil. Pm me if you have any.

Audi s4, custom gt2560
    Audi tt

^ Good price!

yea I thought it was a pretty decent price. Don't really know about the quality of how they were made or anything but they seem pretty solid. I might go back and get a few more boxes of them and swap out all of the lights in the house with them.
    In need of your used motor oil. Pm me if you have any.

Audi s4, custom gt2560
    Audi tt

thanks for information..Yes it is time to save energy and cut down the electricity bills.. I will get them soon for sure