Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar

Time for Capers to go.

Welp I guess I'll be hopping on the fire Dom Capers band wagon.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    I totally agree. What Woodson said after them game that NO changes where made on defense really pissed me off. There's gonna be a lot go guys gone. Is it me or does McCarthy need to go as well. Rogers didn't look the same at all this year. Like the play calling was the same plays every game and Rodgers would stay in the pocket thus the high sack numbers. During out SB run they called plays for him to fake a hand off and scramble to the side throwing the ball deep and making a big play. I don't recall those types of plays at all this season. We didn't and couldn't finish off games, meaning no points in the second half. Recall the last game. I'm very disappointed with the Packers. I think we need to find some great players on free agency and not draft rookies anymore. We have enough and should focus on developing the ones we already got. We def need a stronger OL, and faster smarter and better tackling LB, safeties and corners. Another thing about the 49ers game, why did we stop running the ball in the second half? WTF? Ridiculous.

Post whore
    Btw Capers won't go anywhere at least for a couple years.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    They need to go back to HS football and learn to WRAP up and tackle.

Im getting sick of watching these 175lb (while strong yes) d-backs try and tackle a 200lb running back at full speed simply by crossing their arms and trying to hit him and make him fall. Wrap the FUCK up. These guys keep trying to tuck their head and throw their body in front of them and its a simple thing to avoid that from any decent runner

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...nds-dom-capers

Players, not plays. The players didn't get it done last weekend against a bigger, faster team. Over the season, we lost three or four key, physical players from right out of the middle of our defense. Sounds like that's responsible for all the rushing yards, not one of the greatest defensive minds to ever coach the sport, who is fiercely defended by the people who actually know what is going on....
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1986 Mazda RX-7 13B Turbo
    2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, low, slow daily
    2000 Saturn SC1 - RWD project, broken
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600
    1997 Golf GTI mid engine vr6

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    They need to go back to HS football and learn to WRAP up and tackle.

Im getting sick of watching these 175lb (while strong yes) d-backs try and tackle a 200lb running back at full speed simply by crossing their arms and trying to hit him and make him fall. Wrap the FUCK up. These guys keep trying to tuck their head and throw their body in front of them and its a simple thing to avoid that from any decent runner
    Looks more like they're still trying to strip the ball from everyone instead of tackle, like they did a couple years ago.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    I t hink its time they clean house and start new. This same old tired recipe just isn't working against "good" teams. McCarthy needs to go, Capers needs to go....Rodgers is starting to looks a little weak out there also I agree with what Spooln said. He didn't scramble at ALL. I think we aren't getting the full story. He took some brutal sacks this year. Maybe he got stunned a couple times/mild concussion and hasn't recovered 100%
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    McCarthy needs to go
    Protip: If you are the only one with an opinion, you are probably wrong. McCarthy's Packers have made the playoffs 5 out 7 years, with one world championship, and a 74-38 overall record. This winning percentage is sixth among active coaches. He is obviously a successful coach...why would you fire him? Who the hell are you going to get to replace him?

The coaches always get the blame, but how often are they at fault?

Read this...at least the first part. http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...ee-improvement
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

Many players had a touch of the flu before and during 49er game. You can clearly see this on Rogers face in the second half if you look closely. Nobody deserves to or will be fired. The shitty thing is a few of the very popular players from the past few years will not be back next season for various reasons.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Super Mario Mushroom Champion Starcastle Champion Korndogg's Avatar
    It's going to be hard to see Driver and Jennings (most likely) go. I couldn't care less about Finley though.
    1968 Camaro 383

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's always the question...whom will you replace 'em with? I see no reason to get rid of either McCarthy nor Capers.

If I had to pick just one area of improvement for the pack, it would be their O-line. That's it.

The rest is actually pretty solid.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wikked View Post
    Looks more like they're still trying to strip the ball from everyone instead of tackle, like they did a couple years ago.
    That works 2% of the time. Meanwhile the other 98% they get free and get another 10 yards. Thats alot of extra yards. I was more talking about the tucked head tackles and pushes. Thete is a distinct difference between those and stripping the ball

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    The entire NFL is on to McCarthy's offense. So you either need to change the offense or change your coaching. Rodgers isn't 100% I'm telling you. Something is up with that guy. You can tell by his lack of movement in the pocket. Almost like he can't "sense" when guys are chasing him or something. He got sacked so many times its a wonder he can even stand up
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Re: Time for Capers to go.

Duh, Rogers has romo-itis with his new set of breast.
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Post whore
    Although we went from 31st ranked D to a 16th place D this year, I don't think we would ever get to a top 5 with some of these guys we have now. Mathews no doubt is a beast but he plays so hard every down and that will cost him as it did this year. It's funny that it took a 37 yr old safety named Woodson to help stop AP in the 3rd meeting. Which is why I think Woodson should stay. Rogers is starting to look like just an average QB with this seasons performance and I agree that the other teams have figured out our formula on OF and shut us down this WHOLE season. Getting to the playoffs and winning the SB are two different things so who cares about McCarthys figures when he fails to make changes during each game to win. We had a team that should'veu been able to win the SB AT LEAST two times out of the last 3 season's. The players get prepared for each game by the coaches and get told what to do during each game so if no difference is being seen then what are the coaches good for? Woodson said NO changes where made on defense turning half time of the 49ers game and it showed. Fuck it showed all season on both sides of the ball. Why? Players or coaches? I say coaches and capers needs to go and maybe even McCarthy.

Post whore
    So let's stick to man coverage and keep Walden to cover Kaepernick? What a joke, Walden was so confused it looked like he was playing "Where's Waldo" .

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    Rogers is starting to look like just an average QB with this seasons performance
    Um, finished number 1 in QB rating this year with a 108.0 (15th highest of all time for a full season too btw!), completing 371 of 552 passes for a 67.1% (3rd overall), for 4295 (8th) yds, 39 TD's (2nd), 8 INT (lowest among qb's with at least 300 passing attempts all season).

Yup. Purtty average.

DERP!
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 01-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

HAHA. Yep, our whole team is garbage and we need to fire the entire coaching staff!

You should probably just become a Browns fan so your crazy ranting makes sense.
    2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    1996 Suzuki Bandit 600

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    That works 2% of the time. Meanwhile the other 98% they get free and get another 10 yards. Thats alot of extra yards. I was more talking about the tucked head tackles and pushes. Thete is a distinct difference between those and stripping the ball
    That's what I'm saying! It never works, and I end up screaming: "just fucking tackle them!" :P
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

JMO-

If the Packers plan to keep their offensive gameplan the same, they need OL help. I understand Rodgers was minimally sacked against the 9ers and people say the OL played OK, but OK is not good enough. They need to be stronger so teams cant just rush minimal amounts of guys and frazzle #12. Getting more push from them would help the run too.

I'm no NFL coach, but it just seems the above and being more productive with the run would help the TOP and keep the defense off the field. Even "big and nasty" defenses could get worn out after being on the field for 38 minutes. I dont see them getting rid of Capers just yet. Couple recently drafted guys will be back in, and we'll see how they do their second year because regardless of the angry mobs right now, it was clear from the get-go it may take a season or two for the new guys to blossom.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    JLP
    79 Monte
    406/2004R/Phord 9"